1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chuck Fairbanks was right about one thing...and something that Hawk needs to do

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by NashBuff, May 20, 2010.

1. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

http://www.buffzone.com/ci_15122940

I believe this still rings true even today and this explains why CU was a successful program under Gary Barnett (I'm not a Barnett supporter but this suckage displayed by CU makes me long for Barnett).

2. OKCBuff

OKCBuff Well-Known Member

This is why I'd want a guy like Larry Fedora (huge Texas ties, former OSU OC and current USM HC) as next head coach. Smart offense guy and has deep ties in the Lone Star State. Then get some guys with Cali ties and go to work.

3. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

Bottom line the ONLY times Colorado has been worth a **** they have emphasized running the football. I don't care if the kids come from California, Texas, Colorado, Nicaragua, Cambodia, or FRANCE -- the ONLY way CU is going to be a top notch football team again is going to be to POUND THE ****ING BALL.

4. UrbanaBuff

UrbanaBuff Member

Yes sir, colonel, sir!

5. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

I don't think that's necessarily true.. If Mike Leach was our coach i think we'd be pretty damn good passing the ball all over the place..

I agree with the Fairbanks premise though.. You have to recruit Texas and California very well because there aren't enough in state players to keep CU competitive year in and year out.

6. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

the option is not necessarily "pounding the ball". speed to the corner.

7. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Speed and the attitude that losing is not an option will restore things. Those teams in the 90's and even barnett's early teams hated to lose, they had pride. Texas recruiting is a must but the attitude has to change....

8. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

disagree.. Its not about winning anymore.. Its about doing it the "right" way now.. :rofl: