What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CL34's First Quarter Analysis - First Four Possessions

So there seems to be a lack of trust to me. The execution was failing because people couldn't trust the throw or trust a block. Missed assignments happen, but the problem from what I read is bigger than just a lack of execution.

And why we aren't running it more....wtf.

So, I'd say we need to stop screwing around with the OL rotation.
Get Sefo to make better decisions, and be accurate.
Lindgren needs to get a better feel for the game and apply common sense to his play calling.

Last edited:
So, I'd say we need to stop f**king around with the OL rotation.
Get Sefo to make better decisions, and be accurate.
Lindgren needs to get a better feel for the game and apply common sense to his play calling.

P.S. Fire 9S.

Yeah - they're just F**king around with it to amust themselves I guess. Losing your starting Left Tackle and a few weeks later losing your new Starting Left Tackle is something you can just ignore. WTF?

My general take from this is that the offense is so damn close. Sefo is a little ball placement from a first down (or one airball on a gimme from a perfectly executed 40 yard slant). One missed read from a big run gain on 3d down. One missed block from Donovan lee going big.

that's got to be very very frustrating. Hate on Lindgren all you want, but he's putting the team in the position to make plays.

My general take from this is that the offense is so damn close. Sefo is a little ball placement from a first down (or one airball on a gimme from a perfectly executed 40 yard slant). One missed read from a big run gain on 3d down. One missed block from Donovan lee going big.

that's got to be very very frustrating. Hate on Lindgren all you want, but he's putting the team in the position to make plays.

The entire coaching staff (well probably not Neinas) is putting the team in positions to win. I think that is why you see HCMM getting so frustrated. Ya they aren't perfect, they make mistakes, but they are putting this team in positions to win every game they play. There are just some execution things that happen every game that don't make sense, or players haven't done before, or are just flat out unlucky.

Frustrating. So frustrating.

Last edited:
The really frustrating part is that "so damn close" against Pac 12 teams, can typically result in losing by 2 or 3 scores. Two or three plays made against Oregon and we're talking about a game that comes down to the wire, if not a win. The ASU game may be 5 or 6 plays, but the point remains the same. At the end of the day, though, close sucks.

The really frustrating part is that "so damn close" against Pac 12 teams, can typically result in losing by 2 or 3 scores. Two or three plays made against Oregon and we're talking about a game that comes down to the wire, if not a win. The ASU game may be 5 or 6 plays, but the point remains the same. At the end of the day, though, close sucks.
The argument that we are always just "a few plays away" is total garbage. Almost every loss, by any team, can be attributed to a few plays. Those few plays are what separate a good team from a bad team. UMass could make that same argument, they were only 4-5 plays away from winning that game.

The argument that we are always just "a few plays away" is total garbage. Almost every loss, by any team, can be attributed to a few plays. Those few plays are what separate a good team from a bad team. UMass could make that same argument, they were only 4-5 plays away from winning that game.
not the argument I was making or trying to make, but if you are talking to someone else, I also agree with you.

Yeah - they're just F**king around with it to amust themselves I guess. Losing your starting Left Tackle and a few weeks later losing your new Starting Left Tackle is something you can just ignore. WTF?

I was referring to Callahan specifically. All these injuries and they're still rotating him with Huckins. Lisella isn't ready, and they should've known that, considering how bad he looked. Things went better with Callahan at RT. I understand these injuries are tough to manage, but they should be able to find their best 5 OL before the game starts, instead of experimenting for a couple quarters.

No, they couldn't.

You missed my point, though. I'm not excusing their failures because they were "a few plays away". I was pointing out the fact that even though they may have only been "a few plays away", that can still lead to a blowout loss in the Pac 12.

I would assume if you looked at the other teams film they would have similar mishaps as well. They are just able to overcome them.

Reactions: SBG
I was referring to Callahan specifically. All these injuries and they're still rotating him with Huckins. Lisella isn't ready, and they should've known that, considering how bad he looked. Things went better with Callahan at RT. I understand these injuries are tough to manage, but they should be able to find their best 5 OL before the game starts, instead of experimenting for a couple quarters.
Howell said that at least part of the reason that the rotation is continuing is Callahan's play. I think we may see nembot at LT the rest of the season.

I would assume if you looked at the other teams film they would have similar mishaps as well. They are just able to overcome them.

We just don't have the raw true talent to overcome them. We are not talented enough to make up for poor plays, mistakes penalties, etc. We need to play a PERFECT game to win games and we have shown we cant.

As crappy as the offense looked, we still managed to put up 450 yards of offense against a good D on the road. This team is closer than last year to winning...my only conclusion right now is the players still haven't learned how to execute and win. Is that coaching? The players? Both? IDK.

As crappy as the offense looked, we still managed to put up 450 yards of offense against a good D on the road. This team is closer than last year to winning...my only conclusion right now is the players still haven't learned how to execute and win. Is that coaching? The players? Both? IDK.
IMO its a little of both. I feel the coaches are putting them in the position to win, however maybe they are not coaching to the talent they have. They cant coach over their heads. They cant ask them to do something they are not physically talented enough to do. I also feel that the talent level is just too low to compete at the P12 level. Add in the fact that its questionable that all our starters are not at the P12 level and now we are running 2 and 3 deep at key positions, o-line and LB.

IMO its a little of both. I feel the coaches are putting them in the position to win, however maybe they are not coaching to the talent they have. They cant coach over their heads. They cant ask them to do something they are not physically talented enough to do. I also feel that the talent level is just too low to compete at the P12 level. Add in the fact that its questionable that all our starters are not at the P12 level and now we are running 2 and 3 deep at key positions, o-line and LB.
I think we have enough talent in our starters to compete with most PAC12 teams, but the minute we get into our bench we're hurting.

I think we have enough talent in our starters to compete with most PAC12 teams, but the minute we get into our bench we're hurting.
We have the talent if we play mistake free football, but we have shown we can not do that. We don't have good enough talent to overcome our mistakes. I agree about going two deep and the talent really drops off, that is being proven

Back