1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Class size next year

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Recruiting Central' started by tante, Mar 13, 2013.

1. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

You are going to be awesome when you are 60, if you don't become complacent.

2. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Thanks. I plan on being a better version of DBT.

3. Medford M.

Medford M. Well-Known Member

No one will shirt. Redshirts are very rare in basketball and are usually only used when a kid is just not physically ready at all, like Jenkins. The shirts this year were due to the rare occasion of having a 6 man class. Gordon and Jenkins could have played and made the team better this year. Someone might only get 4 mins. a game next year, but thats not out of the ordinary for a guy to not shirt despite not having minutes available. With small rosters, you have to keep the line moving.

For an example look at Gabe York at Zona. Kid has played in 14 games all year and has logged just 83 minutes. He is definitely part of their future, but you have to keep the line moving.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  4. Darth Snow

ya, but due to the red shirts, we now have a five man class next year. And maybe more if the Mayor leaves. Similar pressure to change that up at least a bit.

5. Medford M.

5 man class? In 14? We will have Spencer, Ski, XJ, Scott, Gordon, Jenkins, Talton, Stalzer, Hopkins, Thomas, and Fletcher all on the hook for another year after next season.

I anticipate Spencer leaving as we all should, so that gives us 3 schollies for 14. Then in 15 we will have 1 'ship if no one transfers or leaves for the draft.

6. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

'13 AZ SG Jaron Hopkins (Signed to Colorado)

Since Gordon and Jenkins redshirted this season they are essentially 2013 recruits to make five with Hopkins, Fletcher, and Thomas. I think that's what Snow was saying.

Are you anticipating Spencer leaving after this season or the next?

7. Darth Snow

you misunderstand me - we have 3 incoming frosh this year. we have 2 redshirt frosh next year. That's 5 in the class.

Now, if an extra spot opens up, we could theoretically have another frosh on top of that five (smart money is on a juco/senior big transferring in though)

8. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

I know Tad says he leaves it up to the players whether they RS or not but I do not see Tad wasting a eligible year for 4 mins/game

9. Medford M.

I thought were talking about the '14 recruiting class. I see what you were saying now. 5 freshmen on the roster next year. I agree with Roberson leaving we will look to add an experienced post presence. Even if it's a one year loan. If we do add an juco/senior transfer that would probably force Tad's hand in 'shirting someone to get some class separation.

10. Medford M.

Next year for Spencer, and he will become Tad's second 3 star turned top ten pick.

If Spencer continues his tear, he may be gone after this year. It's a double edged sword. We want Spencer to play well, but not too well. Hopefully Ski picks it up.

11. wyobuff

wyobuff Well-Known Member

Spencer has already said that he's not going to leave at the end of this year. I dont think it's likely he'll reverse on that. Depending on the run cu makes (if any) and dre's part in that will determine if he stays or goes.

12. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

2014 class should be 3. Mills, Adams and Mayor spots.

2015 class is only 1 spot right now - Ski. But there's likely to be attrition and/or some draft entries to push that number to 2-4.