1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CLEMONS, get him the ball..

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by buffsyko, Sep 5, 2010.

1. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Watched the replay on my DVR, he's quick. Would like to see more balls thrown his way.

First drive, he crushes elijah blue smith (helmet to helmet guy on mckinight last year)He continues to pound on him, great stuff. Love his fire and attiude.

2. buffs04

buffs04 Well-Known Member

Yeah he looked really explosive.

3. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I'm very impressed with all of our WRs this year. As much as I love the power running game, we have the talent to be an explosive passing team.

4. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

watching scrimmage #1, we have serious size and speed at the WR position with Clemons, Patterson, Richardson....not even comparable to any other Hawk year. throw Darden and Vaughn in the mix. heck. we ought to be tough to defend.

5. sackman

Thornton didn't even get a ball thrown at him, did he? Did we throw to the TE at all on Saturday? That's a whole new part of the offense that can be a huge weapon. College defenses have a hard time accounting for the tight end. Teams with good tight ends (who use them) are hard to beat.

6. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

We did not test the seam at all, not really downfield either. That will determine how well we do as an offense this season.

7. buffsyko

Well according to some, we went vanilla so i'm sure we'll see some seamers and deep balls. With all this speed at wr, you'd have to be a moron not to use it....

8. ScottyBuff

ScottyBuff Well-Known Member

Yeah it was pretty damn exciting watching Clemons and Patterson with their "quicks" out there.

Thank God for two "special" transfer opportunities playing out in our favor, hate to think what the alternative would have been.

9. sackman

Three, when you consider Richardson. I hate to say "thank God" that he was involved in stealing a backpack and got his scholly pulled at UCLA, but ... Thank God he was involved in stealing a backpack and got his scholy pulled at UCLA.

10. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

Hansen threw it deep and got it picked.

11. sackman

He underthrew that ball. The WR had a step on the defender.

12. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

We threw to the TE twice. one was a slight over throw that would have been a td and one was a dropped pass.

13. Tatonka

Tatonka Club Member Club Member

I DVR'd the game and rewatched it yesterday. I only saw one throw to the TE. Luke Walters laidout for a off target pass in the endzone, almost came up with it. That was the only TE target I saw and I'm pretty sure there were no TE receptions. I really hope we were just dumbing it down with the game in-hand to save some surprises for Cal.

14. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

3 times. Only once was it planned, and that was the early incompletion to Walters in the endzone. The other times were due to scrambles where Hansen was off target (once very badly)

15. buffsyko

Yep, that was one, hansen through it to the inside instead of richardson'S outside shoulder and to the sideline. I doubt we'll stop going deep because of 1 pick.

16. dply

It sucks too because I loved that play call. After an interception throw it deep! I hope Hawk doesn't shy away from it in the future.

17. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

everyone in the stadium knew it was coming. It is a big tendency of hawks. Something to consider. Maybe next time he should just go for a 20 yard gain? :lol:

18. dply

True maybe a nice QB draw after play action.

19. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Hmm. I see this as a new recruiting tactic.

20. rodrigo

rodrigo Well-Known Member

I wonder how much of the vanilla second half wasn't - as syko suggests - saving stuff for Cal and going forward. As much as I would have loved to see two, three more scores, why bust it out in a game well in hand? At least I hope that was what was going on...

21. buffsyko

According to the players they did shut it down. My question is, why not try to score some more or at least work on getting the running game going and try to get first downs? If cu wants to score 40 points a game as Tyler hansen quoted, what they did in the 2nd half won't make that a reality.

We'll see vs cal.

22. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

Only the next few games will tell if we went vanilla, or if that was simply all we could do. I am leaning toward vanilla at this point. I think they were hoping vanilla would put another 17 point on the board in the second half, but CSu adjusted and we only put up 7. I think that if CSU had scored a TD or two we would have seen alot more. At least, that is what I hope was the case. Have to hope that this was not all there is.

23. rodrigo

rodrigo Well-Known Member

My answer: I feel they did, with Lockridge, and it went nowhere. Then that last drive we saw Torres. Granted entirely different situations but BLock continues to under-impress in my opinion. We need to find a second back. Here's hoping Torres is the answer.

EDIT: Just read the JT thread and see other people making the same point about Torres...

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  24. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

As much as I'm sure you don't want to hear it, and you have every right to disagree on the strategy, but I think you need to accept that the "running game" this year is the bubble screen to Clemons, the bubble screen to WillJeff, and the delayed handoff to Rodney after they fake the bubble screen to Patterson.

25. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

It would have been nice to see more, but I do think they have a lot more up their sleeves. I'm very excited about our WR's after Saturday!:thumbsup: