What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

C'mon now, The BYU "backup" QB > any CU QB last 6 years...

cdog

(Venting.. anyone else getting sick of this?)
Watching good quarterbacks on other NCAA teams....
Until we can recruit a true playmaker at quarterback, we will not reach any goals of being in the top half of the PAC12. Since Hawkins, Hansen, etc. nearly every quarterback on every NCAA team just looks better than what we have been watching for about the last 6 years. How is it that....Riley Nelson looked like an true athlete for BYU - coming off the bench. Passing and rushing, dual threat QB. Ohio State backup freshman quarterback made us look foolish. Why cant we recruit a DECENT quarterback?? The curse of Cody I suppose...Last good QB=Joel Klatt - walk on. I like Shane Dillon, haven't seen Connor Wood...Hopefully Connor Wood starts next year, and the following year we have some more competition from Shane Dillon, or he beats out Connor. We need a new QB to change the Buffs fortunes, because the offense we have been watching is pathetic. (Kind of like rooting for Kyle Orton and the Broncos offense) I swear I would rather watch us run the option (Lockridge at quarterback! I really don't care anymore) At least get Oline with a running game going like PITTSBURGH, so the quarterback is not as important. CLEMSON, BAYLOR, ARIZONA name a middle of the pack NCAA team, they all have managed to recruit top tier quarterbacks... I miss the days when we could BLOWOUT Kansas St., Iowa State, etc. and we actually had an offense that could score. We do not look like we belong in a major conference right now (this year) Hoping we turn it around.... next year, next year, blah. Buy some new facilities with our PAC12 money $ and get some O-Line/D-Line talent back in Boulder! Wazzu offense is described as "explosive" this year...what the heck is our problem?
Kordell Stewart and Koy Detmer we miss you, Darian Hagan you were The Man.

Average running game, yes im being nice, average TE play will limit alot of qbs in this type of system. I know Deehan has made plays but can we mention anybody else? Tyler has some footwork issues or at least he's inconsistent there and that doesnt help. Another thing I wanna see from Tyler is some poise. Dude looks scared to death like he's afraid to screw up. He has enough ability to be a solid college qb but not on his own. Ive said for awhile now our running game has to click. Its the whole key to this O. Hell our PA works alot when we cant run at all. Ever think what will happen when our running game does work? We find a way to run, they wont be able to shadow PRich. We get people playing single safety, we do some business. Cal already found that out. As far as the future, I feel better about it but I wanna see these guys win now.

Our QB situation is about to make a dramatic change for the better for the forseable future.

that's what everyone said when Little hawk went on the bench/graduated?

I'll wait until I actually see wood and dillon play at the collegiate level before accepting that statement as fact.

BTW - I am totally shocked at how Jake Heaps has struggled. After watching his HS tape, I was sold that he would be a superstar. Just goes to show how recruiting a QB is very much a crap shoot.

Back