What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CNS facing pressure at UA and would leave for UT

UT should name Saban head coach in waiting. Then he could take over in 2020 when Mack's contract runs out.

I don't really care either way. If I were Steve Patterson, I wouldn't fool around with Saban. I'd throw 3-4 mil at Al Golden from Miami and see if he'd bite. They'll wind up with a guy they won't like, and probably one that Stoops won't have any trouble outcoaching----Todd Graham fits that bill.

I think this is what is going to happen. Steve Patterson knows that Todd Graham can coach, and has a good relationship with him. Steve will want to put his stamp on the program right away, so he'll bring in Todd. Will be fun to watch.

I think it's extremely difficult to maintain the success he's had at Alabama, and Saban knows this. No matter how good you are, eventually the message gets stale, complacency sets in, the staff turns over multiple times, and kids start getting into trouble legally and/or with the NCAA.

I think Urban Meyer did the same thing when he had his health issues. He'd rather start over some place else than suffer through the middling seasons or whatever drama would come with the decline he saw coming.

Saban doesn't want to be where Mack Brown is now, riding their program back towards mediocrity before being forced into retirement.

I think it's extremely difficult to maintain the success he's had at Alabama, and Saban knows this. No matter how good you are, eventually the message gets stale, complacency sets in, the staff turns over multiple times, and kids start getting into trouble legally and/or with the NCAA.

I think Urban Meyer did the same thing when he had his health issues. He'd rather start over some place else than suffer through the middling seasons or whatever drama would come with the decline he saw coming.

Saban doesn't want to be where Mack Brown is now, riding their program back towards mediocrity before being forced into retirement.

They still have one of the most talented rosters in the nation. I could also see Alabama hiring Kirby Smart.

The only reason I think he'd take it is because Texas is the largest athletic department in America...in other words...ego.

Todd Graham to UT would be a good thing for CU. Chances of ASU hiring someone equally as good are low. So even if UT ends up the Pac16, it makes the conference stronger and UT will always be strong, but ASU less so is good for CU.

Todd Graham to UT would be a good thing for CU. Chances of ASU hiring someone equally as good are low. So even if UT ends up the Pac16, it makes the conference stronger and UT will always be strong, but ASU less so is good for CU.

I remember when Kentucky was targeting Florida's Billy Donovan when they had the basketball HC opening. Very similar situation to what you're saying. Then Tennessee coach Bruce Pearl said at the time that he hopes Donovan takes the job. His reasoning was that Kentucky basketball will be Kentucky basketball whether it's Donovan or anyone else, but that Florida would come back to earth with a different coach.

There's been a lot of talk that Saban's wife isn't very happy in Tuscaloosa. The Texas sites are abuzz with news of her poking around the Austin area.

I could see Saban doing it, for reasons posted above. I think Bama's been the longest stint he's ever had, too.

UT is down enough that he could have it labeled by others as a rebuild but still packed enough with talent that he could have them in the CFP in less than 3 years if he does the job most of us assume he'd do. Plus being in the Big 12-2-2+2 where he only has to really worry about one team year in and year out probably would appeal to him. I mean, he does get to play some patsies every year in the SEC, but most teams have the ability to be good in just one or two year's time, whereas UT with a good coach can expect to beat ISU, KU, WVa, Tech, and TCU every single year with no problems. You can probably throw Bailer and KState in there too when their respective coaches inevitably leave (probably soon).

As far as Patterson and his relationship with Graham, I could see him wanting 'his' guy, but there's no way the arrogant asses in Austin let him go for a guy at ASU - no matter what he's done - before they make a run at Saban. Patterson might pragmatically want Graham (and the Pac), but what the guys that call the shots want Saban, the LHN, and national title shots every year.

Houston Nutt 2 Bama
Schiano 2 Bama
Orgeron 2 Bama
Tressel 2 Bama

or...

obama-bear-bryant.jpg

There's been a lot of talk that Saban's wife isn't very happy in Tuscaloosa. The Texas sites are abuzz with news of her poking around the Austin area.

She is a real estate agent and was looking for property in Austin. Whether that's just an investment thing for a wealthy family or something more, I have no idea.

Didn't Saben once tell the world that he would never leave Miami? And then bolted to UA? Well as the saying goes, $$$ talks, BS walks. I think texass will make him a offer UA can't afford to match. Watch for the 4 sale sign in front of his house.

I could see Saban doing it, for reasons posted above. I think Bama's been the longest stint he's ever had, too.

UT is down enough that he could have it labeled by others as a rebuild but still packed enough with talent that he could have them in the CFP in less than 3 years if he does the job most of us assume he'd do. Plus being in the Big 12-2-2+2 where he only has to really worry about one team year in and year out probably would appeal to him. I mean, he does get to play some patsies every year in the SEC, but most teams have the ability to be good in just one or two year's time, whereas UT with a good coach can expect to beat ISU, KU, WVa, Tech, and TCU every single year with no problems. You can probably throw Bailer and KState in there too when their respective coaches inevitably leave (probably soon).

As far as Patterson and his relationship with Graham, I could see him wanting 'his' guy, but there's no way the arrogant asses in Austin let him go for a guy at ASU - no matter what he's done - before they make a run at Saban. Patterson might pragmatically want Graham (and the Pac), but what the guys that call the shots want Saban, the LHN, and national title shots every year.

It would be interesting to see. It would take him at least 2 years to get the Country Club atmosphere out of the UT program and to get the attention of the whole team. I don't think the horns are used to the type of coaching that CNS does at Bama. And as much as UT might love a coach, the school also wants the coach to love it back. I don't know if CNS would want to go thru the Kabuki Theatre that comes with UT.

Didn't Saben once tell the world that he would never leave Miami? And then bolted to UA? Well as the saying goes, $$$ talks, BS walks. I think texass will make him a offer UA can't afford to match. Watch for the 4 sale sign in front of his house.

I guarantee you Bama can match whatever Texass throws at him.

I can't see them match $8-10 million.
Total Football ExpensesTotal Football Revenue
Alabama$36,918,963$81,993,762
Ohio State$34,026,871$58,112,270
Oregon$20,240,213$51,921,731
Stanford$18,738,731$25,564,646
Georgia$22,710,140$74,989,418
Texas A&M$17,929,882$44,420,762
South Carolina$22,063,216$48,065,096
Clemson$23,652,472$39,207,780
Louisville$18,769,539$23,756,955
Florida$23,045,846$74,117,435