1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coach A confirms discussions with St Johns

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Highlander, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Highlander

Highlander Club Member Club Member

http://blogs.denverpost.com/college...tant-tom-abatemarco-contacted-st-johns/23833/

I have to admit, his twitter rampage against Yung questioning his peers about him possible moving on really rubbed me the wrong way given that it had already been published in a NY paper. At this point, I would thank him for his efforts and wish him the best of luck if he moved on.

2. btbuff

btbuff It's an inside joke Club Member

Article sums up Coach A significance to CU very well. Good luck to him regardless of what happens.

3. HotRack

HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

I know Dunlap is great coach and all, but really shows how bottom of the barrel Charlotte is paying when they snag an assistant w/no DI head coach experience for their head coach.

That said, it would be a great story if Dunlap can turn the Bobcats around - congrats to him. And good luck to Coach A in whatever he decides to do.

4. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Tad not only can recruit players, I'd bet he can recruit coaches. I'd also bet Rodney Billups would be a great asset to any program in any capacity, including as a coach.

5. btbuff

btbuff It's an inside joke Club Member

Not sure if this means anything but Coach A is getting nostalgic.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  6. NBDefektor

NBDefektor Well-Known Member

Agreed. He probably is a good players' coach, but based off his public persona (his twitter account), he a) seems incredibly juvenile, and b) makes CU look bad by first calling out a reporter for doing his job, and second, his tweets are some of the most inane, dumb stuff i've seen on twitter. that said, he's probably done a great deal for our program, but i won't be upset if he got the job at st. john's.

7. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

the players enjoy it