What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coach Abatemarco is leaving

Love Coach A and wish him the best. Great guy. Great Hoops Junkie. Has done so much at so many levels here and elsewhere. Legend.

Good luck to him. Liked having him on the staff.

REP to the one who can name the team and head coach he was with that won a National Title.

i know someone has answered it, i'm just reading through page 1....but NC State and Valvano. Abatemarco had a rep as a bit of a rule-bender back inna day.

he did a good job for us. wish him well.

I agree. I was simply pointing out that this will be a new challenge for him. I trust him completely. He's Tad F**king Boyle.

New challenge? WTF? I know, you're new to MBB.....But, his major assistants Roan and Prioleau weren't holdovers (as A was) nor did they come in with him as part of a package deal. I'd say he's already answered the "Hire Assistants challenge" in a major, positive way.

New challenge? WTF? I know, you're new to MBB.....But, his major assistants Roan and Prioleau weren't holdovers (as A was) nor did they come in with him as part of a package deal. I'd say he's already answered the "Hire Assistants challenge" in a major, positive way.

Somebody mentioned that he will have people lining up around the block for the job. I agree. That's a change from the past. No need to get all bent out of shape over the comment.

I'm not "new" to men's BB. I just wasn't ever willing to invest any emotional capital before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Both assistants served alongside Tad at Wichita State under Mark Turgeon. Proved to be outstanding choices but Tad didn't exactly go deep into his Rolodex to get them. This new task will require Tad to use his professional network and growing reputation to find the right fit for what I'm assuming is still going to be director of player development duties. Someone familiar and hopefully well connected with college basketball who can handle a desk job as they will not be on the road recruiting. I would love to get a sneak peek at his list of which candidates he has in mind.

I thought that Jamahl Mosley might be looking for a job after Byron Scott was fired. But he was the one guy Mike Brown kept for his new staff. Mosley is considered a rising star as an NBA assistant.

I thought that Jamahl Mosley might be looking for a job after Byron Scott was fired. But he was the one guy Mike Brown kept for his new staff. Mosley is considered a rising star as an NBA assistant.

always good to see former players doing well, I wonder if Chauncey will jump straight into coaching...

always good to see former players doing well, I wonder if Chauncey will jump straight into coaching...

Someone (Vic Lombardi?) said that he wants to skip coaching and go straight to the front office when he retires.

Someone (Vic Lombardi?) said that he wants to skip coaching and go straight to the front office when he retires.

Interesting, I always assumed he'd go the coach route having been such an effective on court leader in the latter part of his career.

Chauncey's talked about having a front office role since he was in the Nuggets draft room the year they took Ty Lawson. Chauncey'd be a great recruiter, and it's kinda been my hope that he'd come back to CU in some capacity once his NBA career is over with. But with Rodney here, not sure if he'd want to go that route, plus if a NBA team was willing to make him a GM, I'm sure it would pay more then what a CU job likely would.

Back