What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coach Embree is legit (at least from the recruiting press conference)

I like the way he handled himself, explained the situation, what needed to be done and how they were addressing it. Maybe it is because Hawkins never gave you a straight answer but it seemed to me he really knew what he was talking about at every level and position. He made me want to write a check to the atheltic department right now. My friend was invited to a meet and greet with Embo and EB on Friday in Bel Air, CA. I want to see what he thinks. We are both Buff alums from back in the day and went to school when the program was dominant. First impression, :thumbsup:

I'm just happy that CU has a real coaching staff now. It appears to me that they will behave as professionals as opposed to the amateur ASS CLOWNS from the previous staff. I can't wait to see the product on the field.

Dan Hawkins was reached for comment regarding Embree's first class:

"He got some good kids and some solid kids and he appears to be doing some of the right things there. He's a great guy. When I was in there I always told kids, "I don't care about wins and losses, because at the end of the day, it's how you approach life." You know, my mantra is always recruit the mom, so I always recruited the mom hard. I always wanted kids that were pretty abnormal and where you could just say "Let's go," and they'd go. I think [Coach Embree] has a little fire and a little mojo and I'm happy that I was able to impart some of that wisdom."

What are you doing these days Dan?

"It's been awesome. I'm kinda puttering around the house and probably driving Misty crazy but I spent the last month putting in a new computer and just trying to figure out how this works or how that works. I've never been the kinda guy to say, "That's what this does or this is what that does," it's kind of a feel thing. But it's awesome."

Show me your boobs!

Wait what?

Oh yeah. Go Embree. You have my respect and admiration. Lets kick some butt this year!

"He got some good kids and some solid kids and he appears to be doing some of the right things there. He's a great guy. When I was in there I always told kids, "I don't care about wins and losses, because at the end of the day, it's how you approach life." You know, my mantra is always recruit the mom, so I always recruited the mom hard. I always wanted kids that were pretty abnormal and where you could just say "Let's go," and they'd go. I think [Coach Embree] has a little fire and a little mojo and I'm happy that I was able to impart some of that wisdom."

"It's been awesome. I'm kinda puttering around the house and probably driving Misty crazy but I spent the last month putting in a new computer and just trying to figure out how this works or how that works. I've never been the kinda guy to say, "That's what this does or this is what that does," it's kind of a feel thing. But it's awesome."

Can we have an Allbuffs rule that states only Superfan (Buffnut) 99 gets to use Hawkspeak?

The rest of us half-steppin' chumps are just living in his world.

Holy **** you can actually hear Dan Hawkins. Repage.

he didn't say cinch up a few things, or we were only a couple of plays away, or make a comment about intramurals...

"you guys know: 1. what i always say....(followed by something incomprehensible and utterly at odds with facts) or 2. how i like to do things (followed by some bizarre upside down world where kids learn how to tackle by not practicing tackling)".

Back