What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coach Embree: Pac 12 Coach of the year in 2012

Until I see Wood throw a pass in the game I have no idea how good our QB position will be. I think the offensive line is pretty young, not sure who are TE will be, WR seems like the deepest part of the offense, RB is up in the air.

Defense needs to get a lot better. Having 8 or 9 of the same guys coming back doesn't mean this year's bad defense will be any better next year.

Home games vs Washington, Stanford, UCLA, Arizona State and Utah. Not sure we are more talented than any of those teams.
Away games at WSU, USC, Arizona, Oregon 2 of those games are impossible, the other 2 are winnable.

Need to go 3-0 in the nonconference. Not sure we'll beat Fresno

Until I see Wood throw a pass in the game I have no idea how good our QB position will be. I think the offensive line is pretty young, not sure who are TE will be, WR seems like the deepest part of the offense, RB is up in the air.

Defense needs to get a lot better. Having 8 or 9 of the same guys coming back doesn't mean this year's bad defense will be any better next year.

Home games vs Washington, Stanford, UCLA, Arizona State and Utah. Not sure we are more talented than any of those teams.
Away games at WSU, USC, Arizona, Oregon 2 of those games are impossible, the other 2 are winnable.

Thank you. WOOD is getting all kinds of praise but every cu fan should know by now that we need to see it on the field.

I like where cu is at WR. The OL is going to have to be much better and question at qb and te. RB should be okay if another guy steps up other than jones, hearing creer might RS?

Defense? With bell and harrington coming back with orms, that should be a decent group with henderson. We'll see who they recruit in here. LB's have to be much better, especially against the run. Same goes for DL. I like duribe but he's too small to play de in the 3-4. The DL needs to get bigger and our OLB need to be williams and mcghee size.

Easier schedule with a bye. Thinking cu will have to go 3-0 in non conference to have a chance at 6 wins.

I am scared that all of my eggs are in the Connor Wood basket. I hope he doesn't feel all of the pressure I am putting on him. Buts if he is as ****ing awesome as I think he is gonna be than that pressure wouldn't bother him at all. CONNOR WOOD FOR HEISMAN!!

wondered how long it would take for next seasons buzz to ignite! and im all in!

P rich tweeted about wood being the QB next year. so i assume it may be obvious that hirsh will not be the starter.
Ive heard great things from the players. Greg henderson and Woodson greer seemed pretty excited about him.

But i agree, need to wait to see it on the field. sooooooo........how many days till the spring game???!! hahah

Well since it will never be given to a Ducks coach it wouldn't surprise me if a team like Colorado pulled it out.

To be fair the Ducks in 'Locker room/Facilities Of The Year' every year, so that brings alot of talent to the ducks. Add good coaches, and..you get what you got. I am jealous of the Ducks and what they have to work with.

I see 7 wins next year as a very reachable possibility. If you look at us this year we won 3 and it really could have been 5 very easily. We should have and could have won the Cal game, and we definitely should have held on for the win against Wazzu, that was an absurd blown coverage in the final 2 mins to lose that game at home, so that would have been 5.

Replace OSU and then Hawaii on the road which I think we also could have won and would have had it not been game 1 with teams like Fresno and an FCS and that is 2 more wins. I love the direction we are heading and as tough as this year was winning at Utah to end it really put a smile on my face and gave me great cause for optimism next year and going forward. I can't wait till we kick it off next September. Go Buffs!

Too early for me to have any real prediction. Gotta see how recruiting goes this year, how spring ball goes, and most importantly, can we stay relatively injury free?

That said, getting the road monkey off our backs with the Utah win should really help the confidence for next year, especially when it comes to some of the more "winnable" road games like Fresno, Wash St, Arizona. Count me in as saying we win 5 games next year. I'd like to say 6 or 7, but I'm not convinced, especially with having to replace starting QB, RB, WR.

Thank you. WOOD is getting all kinds of praise but every cu fan should know by now that we need to see it on the field.

I like where cu is at WR. The OL is going to have to be much better and question at qb and te. RB should be okay if another guy steps up other than jones, hearing creer might RS?

Defense? With bell and harrington coming back with orms, that should be a decent group with henderson. We'll see who they recruit in here. LB's have to be much better, especially against the run. Same goes for DL. I like duribe but he's too small to play de in the 3-4. The DL needs to get bigger and our OLB need to be williams and mcghee size.

Easier schedule with a bye. Thinking cu will have to go 3-0 in non conference to have a chance at 6 wins.

Diribe looks tiny out there.

Very valid points. I am mainly excited that on paper, Wood is probably the most talented QB we've had on the roster in at least ten years. He has the size and watching him talk, he seems so confident and mature, something you need in a QB. What Wood brings is something we haven't seen in a while. I could be wrong, you never know how anybody will pan out, but I'll take my chances. I think we're in for a treat here.

Oh and we better beat fresno, they are not the Fresno of the early 00's. They are more like a San Jose state right now.

Do you really think we're going to feel sorry for you about that one? What do you expect when the team gets about a $billion in donations from Phil Nike Knight, already has world-class facilities. Oregon has already established itself as a BCS contender. Colorado, on the other hand, has a long way to go to get back to that! When you inherit a program as bad as ours has been, there is lots of room for improvement. Kelly inherited a heck of a program with some world class speed and talent from Bellotti.

I didn't realize chip hasn't won coach of the year. That does seem like bull****, despite phil's money. He is a game planning genius

I hope so - kinda lame who got it this year ! my dog could have coached stanford and looked like coach of the year !! jk

Back