What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coach Embree with the Bling

Does anyone have a good or funny but credible explanation about why huge rims and thin tires are desirable? (If you have to ask, you are too old)

I don't get the appeal of having huge rims that you can see through, accept for the utility of keeping someone from effectively hiding behind the car when it's parked. Here's an eggagerated example of what I'm asking about. I saw one of these at my neighborhood gas station and left puzzled.

logo(232).JPG

I can give you a performance based explanation but most if not all current performance benefits begin to deteriorate as wheels pass the 19 in mark.

Looks hideous, should of gone with the Aston Martin Rapide.

the rapid is not particularly availible right now and costs as much as 4 times what the base Panamera does. Emob'd likely have a V8 or turbo then and it drops closer to 2-3x the Porsche.

I can give you a performance based explanation but most if not all current performance benefits begin to deteriorate as wheels pass the 1 in mark.

These rims could make a 90's era oldsmobile sedan super speedy.

I just showed it to her. She thought it was a good compromise.

if you showed her that pic, I'm surprised she took it. That color os ****ing awful. the Mini turbo is one HELL of a fun car. even the non-turbo is fun. My ex has the mini, and I test drove it some. Not bad. I'm sure the countryman aint much worse. Except for the name. Mini is sexy. Countryman? not so much :lol:

On a related note, my wife has decided that she is sick of driving a "mom car". The Subaru Forester turbo she's driving has been a heck of a good car and I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a mid-size SUV. But she's over it. It's pretty much decided (by her) that she is going to get a Cooper Mini turbo when the new model year comes out in 2011. Will I be able to fit in that thing?

I've been in the back seat of that car.

the rapid is not particularly availible right now and costs as much as 4 times what the base Panamera does. Emob'd likely have a V8 or turbo then and it drops closer to 2-3x the Porsche.
Pretty much, I doubt he's going to be going around the track anytime soon but I'd pick the Aston for 4 times as much for looks alone. But definitely the 'Tiniporte for the sound.

if you showed her that pic, I'm surprised she took it. That color os ****ing awful. the Mini turbo is one HELL of a fun car. even the non-turbo is fun. My ex has the mini, and I test drove it some. Not bad. I'm sure the countryman aint much worse. Except for the name. Mini is sexy. Countryman? not so much :lol:

:lol:

I did show her that pic. She was actually cool about looking past the color.

never thought i would say it but I kind of like those.

Ya, they are decent looking cars. Surprised the countryman looks as good as it does. The AWD must make it an interesting car to drive. Man, would love to get one of those in the mary jane lot after a snow storm. Donut CITY!!!

Don't mini's have 5star crash ratings too?

Ya, they are decent looking cars. Surprised the countryman looks as good as it does. The AWD must make it an interesting car to drive. Man, would love to get one of those in the mary jane lot after a snow storm. Donut CITY!!!

Don't mini's have 5star crash ratings too?

I know the rating is very good, they are actually incredibly solid little cars.

Countryman has more clearance, but clearance has always been over rated. It is very rare that 6 inches of standing snow would be anywhere on a road.

Spend a little more time around here and you'll see it's not that over-rated, especially on side streets.

I managed to get my old A4 high centered a couple times just driving up my street.

Disagree, this is better:

http://www.rpmgo.com/images/maserati_'Tiniporte_sport.jpg

But really he probably be better off with and Overfinch Rover.

tn_Overfinch_5-L.jpg

Of those four to choose from, make mine
1.Rover
2.Cayenne
3.Quattraporte
4.Panamera

And Rover and Cayenne may be reversed. I like both alot.

abs,

Does the Maserati come standard for more leg room now? I remember it used to be that athletes would custom order them stretched a bit.

That's a beautiful car. Sticker price is right with the Porsche, though. My biggest thing holding me back on this to begin with is the thought of little kids trashing the back seat. What do you think of the Lexus LS for about half the price?

I didn't like the maseratti Q because when i sit in the seat, the B pillar is up against my shoulder. Cant let my arm out to rest on a sill as the pillar is in the way. I am 6'2" and had to be too far back. Maybe the 2 door would be better, but not with two kids. Sidenote--was at Taco Bell the other day off of 25 and Belleview and a 2 door Maseratti went through the drive through. Seemed funny to me.

Spend a little more time around here and you'll see it's not that over-rated, especially on side streets.

I managed to get my old A4 high centered a couple times just driving up my street.

probably true but that happens what 2x a year? Up until today I haven drive my car around on summer tries with no issues.

probably true but that happens what 2x a year? Up until today I haven drive my car around on summer tries with no issues.

You won't have an issue because you live downtown. Those of us in the burbs have significantly more exposure to it. You could probably leave the summer tires on year-round and just not drive when weather is bad.

I'm not saying it's a reason to not buy the car, just saying that low ground clearance makes an AWD car less capable in bad weather, even with proper tires.

I didn't like the maseratti Q because when i sit in the seat, the B pillar is up against my shoulder. Cant let my arm out to rest on a sill as the pillar is in the way. I am 6'2" and had to be too far back. Maybe the 2 door would be better, but not with two kids. Sidenote--was at Taco Bell the other day off of 25 and Belleview and a 2 door Maseratti went through the drive through. Seemed funny to me.

You can't buy a palate, either. :lol:

A lot of coaches don't pay for their ride. I know Embree is a Porsche guy...my guess is that this is a loaner though. However, if it IS his::congrats:

Back