What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coach Fran and the word on the street...

leftybuff

Unreconstructed Luddite
Club Member
is he agreed to a 2 Million buyout effective after the UT game. Supposedly a done deal. aTm will be looking for a new HC. Anybody care to speculate?

My guesses: no particular order

Kubiak

Mike Sherman

Tuberville

Bob Davie

I like the Kubiak guess. He may not want it, but I bet they make their first overture to him. Gary Patterson seems like an obvious possibility as well.

I don't think Tuberville will leave/get kicked out of Auburn.

If they lose to 'Bama it could be an option though...

Personally, I just like the idea that aTm will be breaking in a new HC and likely a new offensive and defensive system next year when the Buffs go to College Station.

If Aggy was smart (purely hypothetical here), they would look at Muschamp from Auburn and Mike Price from UTEP.

Why would Tuberville leave Auburn for aggy? That's a serious step down.

aggy thinks Richt is a possibility as well.:lol:

In reality, they should be looking at a major coordinator or a head coach of a smaller program. Trying to go after a huge name is most likely a waste of time.

I don't see Tuberville happening the more I think about it. He will probably use the scuttlebutt about aTm and LSU to leverage a nice raise and extension. An NFL'er, a HC at a lesser program or hot coordinator are likely. A retread like Bob Davie happens if aTm whiffs like NU last time around. BTW, UGA is not a lesser program so forget Richt.

How about Jason Garrett? Personally, I've been hoping he'd end up replacing Shanahan a couple years from now, but I doubt he'll still be on the open market at that point anyway.

-Princeton graduate, 11 year NFL QB, as a coach he spent a mere 2 years as Miami's QB coach before getting promoted to being the Cowboys outright OC this year. When you jump from being a player, to a QB coach, to an offensive coordinator (and a successful one at that) in 3 years... I mean, at least to me, that says you've got the goods.

Then again, who knows if he has any interest in the college game at all. He'd just be one hell of a hire if they could land him.

I know that Kubes is an Aggie, but why would he leave the Texans after only 2 seasons? He isn´t doing too badly there and I think he´d have serious trouble finding a NFL job again if he quit on the Texans after only 2 seasons. I generally think that a college coach has it better than a NFL coach, but I wouldn´t quit my job in the NFL to take a college job. And Kubes doesn´t quite have Saban´s reputation. If he took the Aggie job and things didn´t work out for him there, he´d pretty much have to start from the scratch.

I love when schools have over-inflated views of themselves in the college football world. Seeing lists from NU, A&M and hell, even CSU's list is absolutely hilarious. Georgia is better than A&M right now - Richt isn't leaving... Bellichek isn't leaving the Pats for the fricking Huskers... And a poster on Ramnation actually said that CSU is going to shoot higher than CU did -- they'll go after a coordinator from a big-time program rather than a HC from a non-BCS school -- as if that's all Hawkins was (forget the interest from KSU, UW, Notre Dame, etc). Then they go on to mention Turner Gill.... :rofl:

I don't think Tuberville will leave/get kicked out of Auburn.

If they lose to 'Bama it could be an option though...

You mean if he loses to Bama for the first time in six years?:huh: Tuberville won't get fired. He's the best coach Auburn has had in a long time.

Price would be a great hire for the ags. How old is that guy?

He is 61. A little old, but he could give them at least five quality years IMO.

"Aggy" is probably the richest public school in the nation, next to UT.

Money only goes so far. They have a lot of money, but their fanbase is delusional. They're consistently the third best program in the South (at best). They have won the Big 12 once and haven't won a national championship in the modern era. The success they had in the last years of the SWC was largely due to cheating. Yet if you listen to most of their fans, you would think they're a true national power.

How about Jason Garrett? Personally, I've been hoping he'd end up replacing Shanahan a couple years from now, but I doubt he'll still be on the open market at that point anyway.

Garrett is in line to be the next head coach of the Cowboys. There is no way he gives that up.

I love when schools have over-inflated views of themselves in the college football world. Seeing lists from NU, A&M and hell, even CSU's list is absolutely hilarious. Georgia is better than A&M right now - Richt isn't leaving... Bellichek isn't leaving the Pats for the fricking Huskers... And a poster on Ramnation actually said that CSU is going to shoot higher than CU did -- they'll go after a coordinator from a big-time program rather than a HC from a non-BCS school -- as if that's all Hawkins was (forget the interest from KSU, UW, Notre Dame, etc). Then they go on to mention Turner Gill.... :rofl:

It is quite funny. Going from Georgia or Auburn to aggy is a step down. Period.

And a poster on Ramnation actually said that CSU is going to shoot higher than CU did -- they'll go after a coordinator from a big-time program rather than a HC from a non-BCS school --

Do they realize that THEY are a non-BCS school?? :huh:

They probably can get a HC from a non-BCS school, or a coordinator from a big-time program. As long as we aren't talking the really hot prospects at either level... It really isn't a terrible job, as non-BCS jobs go.

It is funny to hear fans of a non-BCS school looking down on non-BCS schools, though... :lol::lol:

Do they realize that THEY are a non-BCS school?? :huh:

They probably can get a HC from a non-BCS school, or a coordinator from a big-time program. As long as we aren't talking the really hot prospects at either level... It really isn't a terrible job, as non-BCS jobs go.

It is funny to hear fans of a non-BCS school looking down on non-BCS schools, though... :lol::lol:

It should be noted that the same poster didn't think much of Miller or Major committing to the Buffs. "They're decent, we would take them, but...":lol:

It should be noted that the same poster didn't think much of Miller or Major committing to the Buffs. "They're decent, we would take them, but...":lol:

"we would take them, but they wouldn't be caught dead up here"...

That is how a less delusional fan base would finish that sentence... :smile2:

Threads like these are what makes aggy so wonderful. It gives an idea of the expectations potential head coaches are stepping into.

http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=1000366&forum_id=5

There was also a pretty funny thread about stealing Hawkins (I know it wasn't serious). Hawkins in College Station would be, quite possibly, the worst pairing of a head coach/school in college football.

:lol::lol:

I have no problem with Aggie fan. But they are more than just a little delusional. It's like they have all watched Junction Boys on a continuous loop for the last two years. Maybe Tom Berenger could come and coach them up.

Slick Rick

Seems like a strange candidate to me
slickrick01_story.jpg

Seems like a strange candidate to me
slickrick01_story.jpg

There's no way M.C. Ricky Dee would take a job as a college football coach. You do realize that to pull that off, under NCAA rules, he'd have to find a king's crown to wear on the sideline that's officially licensed for retail sale by the NCAA, right?

Aside from that, they may have plenty of Copenhagen snuff in College Station, but I can almost guarantee you there's not enough blow in Aggie land to keep the Ricksta sated.

Yeah, I'm one of the 20 people that goes to see Slick Rick every time he comes to the Fox... big whoop, you wanna fight about it?

There's no way M.C. Ricky Dee would take a job as a college football coach. You do realize that to pull that off, under NCAA rules, he'd have to find a king's crown to wear on the sideline that's officially licensed for retail sale by the NCAA, right?

Aside from that, they may have plenty of Copenhagen snuff in College Station, but I can almost guarantee you there's not enough blow in Aggie land to keep the Ricksta sated.

Yeah, I'm one of the 20 people that goes to see Slick Rick every time he comes to the Fox... big whoop, you wanna fight about it?

And you are one of the few that got the Slick Rick reference:thumbsup:

Threads like these are what makes aggy so wonderful. It gives an idea of the expectations potential head coaches are stepping into.

http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=1000366&forum_id=5

There was also a pretty funny thread about stealing Hawkins (I know it wasn't serious). Hawkins in College Station would be, quite possibly, the worst pairing of a head coach/school in college football.

That is some funnay chit right there. Most seem to be in agreement that they'll easily beat CU in spite of the fact that A) they NEVER beat CU, and B) as I think a visiting horn pointed out, CU handled both OU and Tech - two teams that A&M couldn't beat in their wildest dreams. :lol:

I found it especially funny that after the horn pointed out what CU did to two of their bigger opponents, all talk of easily beating Colorado stopped. :smile2:

If Aggy was smart (purely hypothetical here), they would look at Muschamp from Auburn and Mike Price from UTEP.

Muschamp is going to be a great head coach one day. I have him and Pelini at the top of my list for NU. I doubt Tuberville is going to be going anywhere, but with a few more losses anything is possible.

Back