What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

COACH HAWK,time for a team meeting like right NOW...

So Katoa was just doing a good service for the community then

i'm not saying katoa was right by any means, but with this guys background, the taser that was delivered to cabral and then handed over to the police. Make a small case for Katoa.

The more I ponder these events, the more I think a case can be made for Katoa. He was obviously provoked. He was obviously coming to the aid of a friend. He fessed up to the transgression and admitted he was wrong (by turning himself into the police).

I'm thinking he may be due another chance.

As for Geer - I dunno. He should have known better. This isn't his first semester on campus. He knows how the game is played.

The more I ponder these events, the more I think a case can be made for Katoa. He was obviously provoked. He was obviously coming to the aid of a friend. He fessed up to the transgression and admitted he was wrong (by turning himself into the police).

I'm thinking he may be due another chance.

As for Geer - I dunno. He should have known better. This isn't his first semester on campus. He knows how the game is played.

Do you mean make a case to CU and Coach Hawk or make a case before the courts?

As far as I know, being provoked is not a defense in the state of Colorado. Katoa cannot claim self-defense because he had to go through a door to get to the people he attacked. Hard to claim he feared for his safety. He wasn't even coming to the aid of his friend. He was trying to exact revenge for what happened to him. There's a huge difference.

All of that said, it does sound as though he knows he screwed up and I hope that he takes the approach that Sip did last year. Learn the lesson, take your punishment and get on with life.

We'll see what the courts and school have to say in the next couple of months.

Do you mean make a case to CU and Coach Hawk or make a case before the courts?

As far as I know, being provoked is not a defense in the state of Colorado. Katoa cannot claim self-defense because he had to go through a door to get to the people he attacked. Hard to claim he feared for his safety. He wasn't even coming to the aid of his friend. He was trying to exact revenge for what happened to him. There's a huge difference.

All of that said, it does sound as though he knows he screwed up and I hope that he takes the approach that Sip did last year. Learn the lesson, take your punishment and get on with life.

We'll see what the courts and school have to say in the next couple of months.

If the CU office of student conduct is consistent, he'll get a one semester suspension. The Sipili case is similar in a lot of ways, and if you'll remember, Sipili was actually reinstated to the team once the criminal proceedings were concluded. It was CU who suspended him from school. I guess we'll have to see how the system plays itself out. I don't know him personally, but it seems to me that he's trying to make amends for what happened and that there's no evidence of a pattern of behavior that might warrant expulsion or dismissal from the team.

Now if Sipili had done this, I'd be calling for him to be on the next bus out of town.

Back