1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coach of the year

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by scoob, Nov 7, 2013.

1. scoob

scoob Club Member Club Member

jgisland likes this.
  2. wyobuff

wyobuff Well-Known Member

Pretty Impressive. Though I knew who boyle was at UNC (parents are Alumnus) I never thought he'd take us here......

3. jgisland

jgisland Club Member Club Member

Great link -

On Chad Millman's podcast (ESPN guy that covers gambling and is the Mag editor) he interviewed basketball handicapper Alan Boston yesterday. Boston mentioned Tad's name as coaches that "do it right" and will benefit from the hand-checking rules b/c his teams play good D without mugging people.

The word is out on Tad......

4. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Shocked Gottlieb didn't put Mike Montgomery.

Nice to see the other 5 really going out on a limb with their picks.

5. torerobuff

torerobuff Dancing is forbidden Club Member

On a similar note, I caught Tad's interview on Buff stampede or whatever that show is on 850 the other day. Larry Zimmer (great once upon a time, now old and senile) asked the dumbest question ever about the new rule affecting how you teach defense. Tad answered the question graciously, I yelled at the radio because no good defensive coach teaches defense with hand checking and impeding, its all about moving your feet. That's how I teach it to my middle schoolers, and I know that's how Tad teaches it too.

6. scoob

scoob Club Member Club Member

Me too. I went to UNC AND Longmont HS, and also watched most of his games at Greeley Central. My dad was a HS BB coach, and he took me to most of Tad's HS games while I was in Junior High to show me how to play the right way.

So, I've really been following his career for like thirty years, but like you, I never expected this (at least not so soon).