1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coach X On Summer Recruiting

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Recruiting Central' started by Goose, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Eamonn Brennan has a nice summary of the latest "Coach X" article from ESPN Insider. I'm not a fan of ESPN, but I really enjoy the "Coach/Athlete X" articles they do and this one delivers as well. It talks about how hard it is to recruit now that they've limited recruiting times and if they really wanted to help they would actually change the recruiting rules so they more closely resembled the women's game.

Money quote:

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Difficulties create opportunities for an up and coming program. NCAA mistakes work for us in this case, I think.

3. Goose

Agreed. The key is to take advantage of our opportunities. We can't afford a Darrel Scott type situation in basketball. If we do land a 5* big hype guy, he has to be a home run to prove to the others that this is a good place to go. I like our odds with Tad, but it is a concern.

4. Buffnik

If we can sign a 5*, I'm willing to take the risk. :smile2:

5. Goose

Agreed. But I just don't want us getting the designation of being a bad place for 5* players to go.

6. Buffnik

I hear you. If a Duke or Kansas signs a 5* who flames out, the player gets blamed rather than the coaches or system. They move on. We're not at a point where we'd have that luxury. It would be serious bad mojo in basketball circles.