What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

coaches hot seat website

i don't know if this is the case at colorado, but in west virginia state employees can't have multi-year contracts, so head coaches have their contracts that are guaranteed multi-year by the scholarship foundations (big green at mu, or mountaineer club at wvu), so there's some stability there and the school doesn't ditch them after a year.
In Colorado, best I recall reading, there are a few multi-year contracts allowed. These have been used for the AD and the HC's for football, MBB and WBB.

In Colorado, best I recall reading, there are a few multi-year contracts allowed. These have been used for the AD and the HC's for football, MBB and WBB.

yeah, i think that happened in the mid 90's when Neuheisel still had some lustre (I'm pretty sure Rick brought it up at least once), post-the Billups 96 team, and fears were Memphis or someone else would steal Ricardo (because of the year to year contracts), and Ceal was winning big.

i could be off by couple years; but, more or less.

That is interesting -- at the time that Bob Stoops was hired most Sooners fans were VERY disappointed in the hire. All they knew about Bob Stoops was that he had been the DC at Kansas State and at Florida.

They were very enamored with the then head coach at Georgia, Jim Donnan, and even had more than a passing fancy at Gary Barnett.

I will never forget one of the local radio personalities saying "This is the University of Oklahoma, we are not going to stoop for a coach like Stoops."

Kinda sounds like a lot peoples opinions of Bo Pellini. Both men won the mNC while being DCs.

Well, today was Pitt over Iowa in the battle of sub-par coaching staffs. Ferentz has to be on his way out now.

Nice to see that Robinson has taken over the top spot. :smile2:

Fulmer's bound to move up from #9 after today's effort.

yeah, i think that happened in the mid 90's when Neuheisel still had some lustre (I'm pretty sure Rick brought it up at least once), post-the Billups 96 team, and fears were Memphis or someone else would steal Ricardo (because of the year to year contracts), and Ceal was winning big.

i could be off by couple years; but, more or less.

Actually, the exemption to Amendment One allowing CU to give seven employees guaranteed contracts come into force in 1999, after Neuheisel left.Tharp tried to give Ricky a little security by getting some boosters to loan Neuheisel money that he wouldn't have to pay back if he stayed, but that just made the situation worse. Imagine a football coach not having a guaranteed contract, and owing money to the boosters? That is a train wreck waiting to happen. and it happened.

Note: When amendment one came into force in 1992, Bill already had his 15 year contract and was exempt.

Well, today was Pitt over Iowa in the battle of sub-par coaching staffs. Ferentz has to be on his way out now.

Doubt it. The boosters love him and he has a huge contract they would have to buy out. He will get at least one more year.

Surprised nobody's mentioned #2 on that list - Joe Glenn. I don't understand that at all. Wyoming is a very, VERY tough place to recruit to. Laramie sucks. It's about the size of Louisville. That's Louisville, Colorado. No, seriously, there's about 25,000 people in the entire city of Laramie, and there's no other cities nearby, either. The weather sucks, and their athletic budget is non-existent. I think Glenn has done an admirable job considering the problems he's had to face.

:nod: I had my first and hopefully last visit to Laramie this summer. Left FoCo and it was 90 degrees. Got there and it was in the 50's with 30 mph winds. The town is an absolute s***hole. So small I walked to and from everywhere we decided to go. Reminded me of a lot of the small towns in Nebraska. Everyone knows everyone and there are no secrets ever kept secrets. No thanks.

:nod: I had my first and hopefully last visit to Laramie this summer. Left FoCo and it was 90 degrees. Got there and it was in the 50's with 30 mph winds. The town is an absolute s***hole. So small I walked to and from everywhere we decided to go. Reminded me of a lot of the small towns in Nebraska. Everyone knows everyone and there are no secrets ever kept secrets. No thanks.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not moving to Laramie, but I was there last summer for a night and thought it was a cool little college town.

Back