What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coaches Poll CU #23

About what I figured though I think we should have jumped Navy.

Nebraska 6 for struggling with Purdue? Ha! Wisconsin and Ohio State can pummel them soon enough. Most overrrated team I've seen

Houston shouldn't be ranked

Quite a large bump for LSU beating a 3-4 team.

Just not enough stars lining up with the 19-25 teams from last week. Nice to see Wyoming creeping in there with 1 vote.

Good news is that we should only move up from here. One bye week and then three of four at home to finish off the season. I could see us heading into the CCG ranked somewhere around 12-15, maybe higher depending on what transpires in front of us.

Seems like no matter what you win by, you move up once ranked, if Nebraska every week struggling, Boise moving up after beating CSU by 5 last week and so on are any indicator.

Hopefully this off week gives us some breaks to move up a couple spots. It's now on with Utah (and probably soon Wazzu and USC) in the rankings race

We are a better team then #23. I am OK with it though.
This. It's okay...in the end the rankings seem to be pretty fair...the BS and bias usually is shaken out.. A 10-2 Colorado team should be top 10 IMO, but we'll see in November.

Nebraska 6 for struggling with Purdue? Ha! Wisconsin and Ohio State can pummel them soon enough. Most overrrated team I've seen
Combined opponent record of 18-26, and the one team they've beaten with a winning record is Wyoming. It's a mirage that'll come into sharp focus against Bucky - I see 4 losses by the end of the year.

They're 50% against teams with a winning record. They have work to do.
I don't think anyone on the team would dispute that.

Do yourself a favor and go check on the SEC teams at 6-2 or 5-3 and see who they beat. Those teams make a career off 3 wins in the OOC against FCS schools and then 3 wins against the weakest teams in the SEC with losing records. There will be a dozen bowl teams this year that don't have a win over a FBS school with a winning record.

I don't think anyone on the team would dispute that.

Do yourself a favor and go check on the SEC teams at 6-2 or 5-3 and see who they beat. Those teams make a career off 3 wins in the OOC against FCS schools and then 3 wins against the weakest teams in the SEC with losing records. There will be a dozen bowl teams this year that don't have a win over a FBS school with a winning record.
I guess that sounded like criticism, but I really was just echoing what the guys have been saying. They don't think they're world beaters yet, they still have work to do. 1-0

I guess that sounded like criticism, but I really was just echoing what the guys have been saying. They don't think they're world beaters yet, they still have work to do. 1-0
I don't think that point is lost on anyone that is looking at this somewhat closely. The good news is that every time on our remaining schedule is also flawed in some way. I more than like our chances in the remaining games.

Back