What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coaching Carousel 2012-2013 version...

More speculation about this:

According to 247Sports.com, Gogue has contacted board members about forming a committee to help with the process of possibly removing Chizik and naming a new head coach "within days after the end of the season should the decision be made that Chizik will not be retained," the site wrote.

http://www.sbnation.com/2012/11/8/3619606/gene-chizik-hot-seat-auburn-football

If that's how open this is gonna be, that's just a terrible way to go about the process. Auburn is going to be a ****show. Get your popcorn.

Auburn has lusted after Petrino, and now they shall have him. They can provide him with all the VB players he wants....

Hmmmmm.....well, a very novice google search finds Auburn VB isn't quite as Petrino friendly as Arky (though you always have to love VB shorts :nod:)

auburn 4.jpgauburn 3.jpgauburn 2.jpgauburn 1.jpg

Well since it is looking likely CU will not be a participant in either the Coaching Carousel, certainly not in the Bowl season either, I thought i might be fun to indulge some wild rumors floating arougn the 'net.

U$C: AD Haden is not enamored with Kiffin and there is talk Kiffin could be shown the door on the heels of the 6-3 record so far.

UT/ASU- Todd Graham has been mentioned in connection with the Tennesse job which is sure to open. I would put this on a 9/10 LMAO meter if it happened. Why does Todd Graham even unpack when he takes a job? Other names at UT: Sumlin, Rich Rod, Jim Mora, Jr. None of those some likely...Graham though, it could happen, although still not likely IMO.

Cal- Tedford may be on his way out as soon as Sunday.

Auburn- Chizik is all but gone, and the buyout could be $7.7MM. Too bad he isn't at CU, that kind of buyout would guarantee a lifetime employment for you, your sons, and grandchildren, provided you did not offend the womyn's studies dept.

Oh yeah, Kentucky could have interest in Cincy's Butch Jones, and Arky may be talking to Bo Peep and Gary Patterson, but at this point, I would say who the heck really knows. Fun to speculate about something other than how many miles of offense the Buff D will surrender this week, or whether UW will cover before halftime.

Apparently they didn't see the Blue Ribbon egghead report that says you do worse when fire a HC....

Derek Dooley officially out at Tennessee.

Butch Jones from Cincy offered the Kentucky job.

Cincy has to be a better job than UK.

Routinely get 8 wins and a bowl game every year but play in a stadium you can't fill vs. head a program most overshadowed by its basketball program of all the teams in the conference and play a brutal schedule against teams that run circles around you in recruiting the region. Really a toss-up.

If I'm Butch I take the money but know it's a 3 or 4 year job max before getting canned and starting back at a Grand Valley or Central Michigan level school again. Or stay comfy at Cincy for life to little reknown.

Mike Price retires at UTEP, no longer rolling, apparently.

So, jobs that are open:

Arky

Tennessee (Tressel and Gruden being considered supposedly)

Kentucky (Butch Jones offered supposedly)

Idaho

W. Michigan

UTEP

Cal now open (credit to abs for the info.)

Arky Gruden? Golden?

W. Michigan

Kentucky Butch Jones?

Tennessee Gruden, again? Golden

Idaho

UTEP

Al Golden's name floating around in connection with several jobs, some now open, some not. (UT, the other UT, TT and NU)

Back