What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coaching Carousel 2012-2013 version...

From AU release: "The total buyout for Coach Gene Chizik and his nine full-time assistants is $11.09 million."

Agree on the attractiveness of the Cal program. It's an outstanding public university from which to earn your degree, but the football program is not shackled by admissions over a recruit qualifying. The right coach will have them in the CCG with regularity.

Agree on the attractiveness of the Cal program. It's an outstanding public university from which to earn your degree, but the football program is not shackled by admissions over a recruit qualifying. The right coach will have them in the CCG with regularity.

I don't know about that. :huh:

I don't know about that. :huh:

I agree with you both. I think that Cal could really become a football power with the right direction, but they are in the same division as Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford, and Washington. That is a lot of tough competition.

Cal went through a bunch of coaches before they got to Tedford - and now they're firing him. I am not sure how good they will be going forward.

Tom Holmoe didn't do anything. Steve Mariucci had a .500 year and then ran to the NFL. Keith Gilbertson didn't do anything. Bruce Snyder had a couple good years and ran straight to ASU.

Koetter deserves a shot. He built boise and handed it to Hawkiins. Without Peterson.

AsU pulled trigger early as he had them set for a great run that Erickson took over.

The fact that Boise State got good is still mind boggling.

Koetter deserves a shot. He built boise and handed it to Hawkiins. Without Peterson.

AsU pulled trigger early as he had them set for a great run that Erickson took over.

The fact that Boise State got good is still mind boggling.

The only thing I don't like about Koetter is that I don't think he'd be given the best support because of the Hawkins history. He'll get another college HC job and likely do well, but I can't imagine that it will happen at CU. I heard one rumor a few years ago that we actually had a shot at him if we'd let him come in as OC for Hawkins' lame duck 2010 season under the stipulation that he was the coach-in-waiting and would take over the program in 2011.

Kind of surprised O'Brien got the hook.

$11MM for the AU staff? Not surprised, they paid $250,000 for one player....

Leach to NCST makes sense. I would get out of Pullman by plane, train, automobile, magic carpet, donkey pulled cart, skateboard or motorized scooter.

Periodic up date, schools now open:

Arky
Tennessee
Purdue
NCST
Auburn
UTEP
Cal
NMSU
Idaho-ho
Kentucky

That's quite a list, please let CU be on it soon.....

Kind of surprised O'Brien got the hook.

$11MM for the AU staff? Not surprised, they paid $250,000 for one player....

Leach to NCST makes sense. I would get out of Pullman by plane, train, automobile, magic carpet, donkey pulled cart, skateboard or motorized scooter.

I don't see where Leach to NCSU makes sense. Why would he leave a lower-tier Pac-12 school for a mid-tier ACC school? Lateral move at best. Plus this report is being denied:

Pete Roussel ‏@coachingsearch I've confirmed the report about NC State reaching out to Mike Leach is 100% inaccurate. http://Coachingsearch.com/ for real news.

Well when I said it made since, I was thinking in terms of ML. I could see him in Raleigh easier than I can Pullman. NCST gets much better athletes than WSU ever will. With decent athletes, he coudl do well there even if a lateral move. He's just going to hang around taking beatings in the P12 north until he gets axed...

Well when I said it made since, I was thinking in terms of ML. I could see him in Raleigh easier than I can Pullman. NCST gets much better athletes than WSU ever will. With decent athletes, he coudl do well there even if a lateral move. He's just going to hang around taking beatings in the P12 north until he gets axed...

Fair enough, but I guess I'd have a hard time seeing him leave WSU after just 1 season for a job that isn't significantly better. Poor recruiting particularly in-state is the biggest reason O'Brien was fired, not on-field performance.

A couple of quotes from ESPN article on the firing of Chizik caught my eye:

"I think we did what he deserved and we gave him a standing ovation and clapped for him," he said. "There's so much love for coach Chizik on this team. Would we have loved to see him get another year, another opportunity? Yes, but at the same time we understand where Jay Jacobs is coming from. Three wins isn't going to cut it in our league."
:lol: This is a quote from a player, not even the AD. One win ok in the Pac 12? :thumbsup:

A transition year might have been expected. Chizik had to replace the offensive and defensive coordinators after last season. Chizik made an ill-fated switch from Gus Malzahn's no-huddle, spread offense to a pro-style system with the hiring of former Temple offensive coordinator Scot Loeffler.

Sounds familiar.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8674097/gene-chizik-fired-auburn-tigers

Why do these CFB HC's insist on going "pro style" when it almost never works in CFB. Even Stanford has gone to some spread looks and away from pro style after losing Luck. It ain't rocket science 20 hours of practice time a week will not allow for the implementation of the pro style....

Gene Chizik the past three seasons: 25-14
Lane Kiffin the past three seasons: 25-12

U$C does not take it's football seriously enough....
I know you are being somewhat sarcastic but I think Kiffin is on a very hot seat and I think with good reason. Despite their penalties, they were stacked this year and expected to compete for a national championship. On top of that his lying about his vote on the coaches poll, "jerseygate", deflating footballs, etc. do not bode well for his tenure at USC.

Even though Tennessee is looking for a new HC I don't think they are regretting he left.

Back