What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coaching Carousel 2012-2013 version...

Carousel at full speed, 13 jobs open in D1:

Colorado (Calhoun the only name floated so far)
Cal (DeRuyter, Hue jackson others?)
Kentucky (Dykes, McIntyre, Anderson)
Tennessee (Butch Jones, Gruden, Strong and Fedora)
Auburn
W, Michigan (who cares?)
UTEP (see W. Mich.)
Arky
BC
Georgia St.
Idaho
NCST
Purude

Lots of open jobs, lots of competition for CU

Auburn
W, Michigan (who cares?)
UTEP (see W. Mich.)
Arky
BC
Georgia St.
Idaho
NCST
Purude

Hopefully the competition makes them open up the wallet some

Auburn
W, Michigan (who cares?)
UTEP (see W. Mich.)
Arky
BC
Georgia St.
Idaho
NCST
Purude

Seeing Calhoun as the only name for us is like Groundhog Day all over again....GIVE IT UP, BOHN!

Carousel at full speed, 13 jobs open in D1:Colorado (Calhoun the only name floated so far)Cal (DeRuyter, Hue jackson others?)Kentucky (Dykes, McIntyre, Anderson)Tennessee (Butch Jones, Gruden, Strong and Fedora)AuburnW, Michigan (who cares?)UTEP (see W. Mich.)ArkyBCGeorgia St.IdahoNCSTPurudeLots of open jobs, lots of competition for CU
I actually think it's a decent year for us to have an opening, with only one other Pac-12 team with a vacancy and no Big XII vacancies (compare that to all the Pac-12 vacancies last year + KU). I know we're in the age of national searches, but I just don't really see us clashing with the likes of NCSU or Tennessee.

Pinkel staying at Mizzou

Malzahn in the mix at Arky

Peterson very much in the mix at Cal and Arky, UT OC Harsin and Brent Pease considered replacement if Petey bolts

Pedo St. HC O'Brien looking into other opportunities liek Tennessee, Auburn and the NFL. Apparently there is interest at the two Universities.

Hearing now that Mack Brown is almost certainly gone, especially if he loses at KSU. Harsin and Applewhite are fed up and want out of dodge.

From nik's post in the FB forum, Ellis Johnson out at S. Miss. after one year, update on open jobs:

Colorado (Tedford?)
Kentucky
Auburn
W, Michigan (who cares?)
UTEP (see W. Mich.)
Arky (Petersen, GPatterson, Briles?)
BC
Georgia St.
Idaho
NCST
Purdue (Butch Jones?)
S. Miss.

That's 14 with Texas now a player on the rumor mill

Me too, but he is VERY much a TX guy. My guess is he is waiting on UT or aTm to open up.

Arky recruits mainly from Texas. He would be a plan D guy at TX. They take a lot of pride in playing clean football. Everybody and their brother knows Baylor ain't clean.

Back