What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coaching Carousel...

And the only D1 HC job left open is La Tech....

East Carolina job is still open. Rick Stockstill (MTSU) turned it down.

Al Golden is supposedly still on their short list, not sure about any mutual interest though.

The AD has a blog "A Message To The Pirate Nation"

The \"retreads\" are those former HEAD coaches with recognizable names who were dismissed from those position for not meeting either on-field expecations or off-field expectations. History tells us that regardless of whether the dismissal seemed fair or not, these individuals never seem to again at the level they previously enjoyed again and many never return to coaching at all.

I guess that rules out Mike Leach to become Captain of the Pirates, which is disappointing.

East Carolina job is still open. Rick Stockstill (MTSU) turned it down.

Al Golden is supposedly still on their short list, not sure about any mutual interest though.

The AD has a blog \"A Message To The Pirate Nation\"

I guess that rules out Mike Leach to become Captain of the Pirates, which is disappointing.

I forgot about ECU. Sounds like "Pirate Nation" has some who are pushing for Capt. Leach and or Jim "Smackdown" Leavitt....

ECU is a no win job imo. Hard to match the success they've had recently and could be a dead end. Could be a good re-entry point for Mike Leach, but I think he'll take his act to the pros if given a chance - even if OC. At least until his law suit plays out.

ECU is a no win job imo. Hard to match the success they've had recently and could be a dead end. Could be a good re-entry point for Mike Leach, but I think he'll take his act to the pros if given a chance - even if OC. At least until his law suit plays out.

Not trying to be argumentative, but I completely disagree. ECU is a great football school with TONS of fans and support from the community and admin. They are in the process of a stadium expansion to get to 60,000 capacity and have had great attendance for many years (more than just the Skip Holtz era).

While, of course, they aren't "big time" football, there are not many places outside of the BCS conferences that offer what ECU does. State of North Carolina, and neighbor Virginia, produce loads of Div-I talent also.

I do think it would be a great fit for Leach, but I agree, somehow I think he goes to the NFL as well.

SIAP, but Spike Dykes to La Tech and he's bringing back the spread. That's an excellent hire for that program and hurts Arizona a lot.

SIAP, but Spike Dykes to La Tech and he's bringing back the spread. That's an excellent hire for that program and hurts Arizona a lot.

Wow, surprise hire there. Can't believe UNLV didn't go harder after that guy. La Tech did really well to get him, and you are right AZ took one on the chin there.

Ruffin McNeil to ECU as HC.

Really? Are there any Tech recruits at all that we could go after at this point? With all the crap that has gone on in the league and around college football, you'd think that some of our coaches would be on some recruits at these schools.

Or not.

Anyone think Mike Leach ends up there as OC?

Leach would have to believe that he himself is damaged goods enough to settle for coordinator at a non-BCS school. I'm glad someone is giving Ruffin a shot to HC. The whole debacle may have been the break he needed to get ahead.

Oklahoma's OC Kevin Wilson is getting mentioned for the East Carolina job. Hope he gets it. He's been a damn good coordinator for OU and whomever they replace him with is probably a downgrade (especially for the next 2 seasons when we have the Sooners on the schedule).

Ruffin McNeil to ECU as HC.

Good for him. He was in a quandry at tortilla-ville. And I think that's his alma mater, no?

Oklahoma's OC Kevin Wilson is getting mentioned for the East Carolina job. Hope he gets it. He's been a damn good coordinator for OU and whomever they replace him with is probably a downgrade (especially for the next 2 seasons when we have the Sooners on the schedule).

It's hot and cold down here attitude wise on Wilson. Prolly no different than any other college town. Rumor is that if Wilson goes somewhere as an HC, he takes the OL coach with him, and that Hypl will become the boomers OC.

What did Embree do this last season? It said he was in KC until 2009, but didn't say what he did last year.

Didn't end up working out at UCLA is what I heard. Pretty sure he collected his KC money that was left on his contract and took the year off from coaching. Did do quite a bit on the Buff4Life charity.

Alright, I'm going to say it - Kyle Shanahan is like 30 years old. Jon Embree is somewhere in the range of 45. Tell me how Shanahan passed Embree on the coaching ladder?

Back