What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coaching Carousel...

Rumors down here that a private plan left the local area enroute to Indianapolis. Methinks there's something afoot.

so, does this mean Wilson to Indiana? the guy has Big Ten roots at NW. the Stoops coaching tree has been hit or miss. Mangino and Leach were good, but deposed for "personality quirks".....Chuck Long was awful. Sumlin, jury out.

so, does this mean Wilson to Indiana? the guy has Big Ten roots at NW. the Stoops coaching tree has been hit or miss. Mangino and Leach were good, but deposed for "personality quirks".....Chuck Long was awful. Sumlin, jury out.

I believe so, just don't have anything concrete yet.

Here's a good one .... fusker fans must be delighted!

from espn.com:
Nebraska

• Offensive coordinator Shawn Watson was scheduled to interview with Vanderbilt on Sunday, according to ESPN's Bruce Feldman.

I'd put my money on Holgerson to Texas.

Hope you didn't put that money down. Chip and Erin Hogan slammed the door on that one this morning. "No way Holgorsen is coming to the 40 Acres."

Of course, that probably means the contract is signed.

Dave Wannstedt has been fired.

Need to see if there are any Pitt recruits or transfers to go after.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10341/1108955-142.stm

I have a hard time deciding what to think about Pitt. They certainly have a history, they're in a football town, but what should they expect?

Yes to getting checking in on Pitt recruits, too. Given Embree's comments about focusing on Cali, Colo and TX, I wonder if Hagan will be out there much.

This is interesting. How many coaches are canned from their alma maters after winning a co-share of the conference title?

I guess Pitt wants more. But many of us remember the 80s and 90s, when they were as bad as Rutgers and Temple. I suppose they are thinking that if they got an up-and-comer in there, the Big East's BCS spot is there for the taking every year.

I have a hard time deciding what to think about Pitt. They certainly have a history, they're in a football town, but what should they expect?

Yes to getting checking in on Pitt recruits, too. Given Embree's comments about focusing on Cali, Colo and TX, I wonder if Hagan will be out there much.

What'd this guy look like, anyway?

Oh, he was a little guy... Kinda funny lookin'.

Uh-huh. In what way?

Oh, just in a general kinda way.

Really, no more love for this? Are we keeping it that serious in the Coaching thread?

Funny lookin guy. Minnesota. Fargo Quote. Rep.

Lots of chatter that Urban Meyer is stepping down at Florida tonight, this time for good.

If he does step down, I could see Florida making a run at Stoops or getting Dan Mullen back from Mississippi State.

Urban Meyer steps down...WHAT?

Just turned on CJ and Klatt and they said Meyer has stepped down as coach of Florida.

Am I breaking news here? If you guys have already talked about this in the coaching Carousel thread, please delete this one.

Report: Urban Meyer to resign from Florida

I'm new, didn't know where to put this.

From Yahoo Sports:

Report: Urban Meyer to resign from Florida

Yes, Gator Nation, it appears that it’s happening again.
According to the Twitter page of Sporting News Radio host Todd Wright, Florida’s Urban Meyer will step down later today from his position of head coach.

AOL FanHouse.com's Brett McMurphy also tweeted the Meyer news, stating that sources tell FanHouse that the Gators head coach indeed will step down and that a press conference will be held later this evening to announce the decision.
More on this story as it develops.

Appears to have just been released...my facebook news feed blew up about 5 minutes ago with this....definitely not much indication that this was coming....

Appears to have just been released...my facebook news feed blew up about 5 minutes ago with this....definitely not much indication that this was coming....

Released? Holy moley! He has only won more national titles there than that school had previously won before his arrival.

Should have phrased that better...the news just got released...he is voluntarily resigning...rumor is whatever health issues he had flared up again during the season so thats the rationale for him leaving now again...

Back