What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coaching Carousel...

There ya go. Florida, Florida State, and Miami are going to have new head coaches over the span of about a year.

Not that I really care about Florida, but I'm wondering if their next hire will start to create a domino effect. Do they go after a big fish causing a huge ripple (Stoops @ OU) or go smaller (Mullen @ MSU) or a virtually no domino impact with an internal hire or OC DC from another program. Will be fun to watch how this one plays out and makes me very happy we're done with our search.

Not that I really care about Florida, but I'm wondering if their next hire will start to create a domino effect. Do they go after a big fish causing a huge ripple (Stoops @ OU) or go smaller (Mullen & MSU) or a virtually no domino impact with an internal hire or OC DC from another program. Will be fun to watch how this one plays out and makes me very happy we're done with our search.

It is going to be interesting to watch. The domino effect you describe is what makes the Coaching Carousel interesting to me. I wonder if they could pry Stoops out of OU, or if they'll grab Mullen back. If Michigan lets Rich "You are the wind beneath my wings" Rodriguez go, the dominoes may fall int eh Pac 12 with Harbaugh going to UM. Mike Stoops is being rumored as a candidate for Pitt, too. the more coaching instability in the Pac 12, the better right now for CU as Embo takes over...

So does Stoops go back to Gainesville?

This could set in motion a huge chain of events. And, as CU has already put together the majority of it's staff, we have the luxury of sitting back and watching the fireworks.

Firing Hawkins when we did, as opposed to waiting until the end of the season, was a very smart move.

I bet that Florida goes after Dave Logan.

Woody should suggest this on Around The Horn.

****. We hired a coach one week too early. We could have talked Urban into coming here.

Miami has to be a bit worried now. You gotta think any big candidates are going to see what Florida does before jumping on the Miami job. Florida can pay more and can still offer great recruiting.

Have been hearing rumors from my Nebraska coworker that Pelini has received permission from Osborne to speak with Miami about their vacancy.

Really, no more love for this? Are we keeping it that serious in the Coaching thread?

Funny lookin guy. Minnesota. Fargo Quote. Rep.

No rep for leaving out: "He wasn't circumcised."

[video=youtube;uRu6_mJiVAo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRu6_mJiVAo&feature=related[/video]

So, you were havin' sex with the little fella then . . . :lol:

So does Stoops go back to Gainesville? ......

.....Do they go after a big fish causing a huge ripple (Stoops @ OU) .....

I believe his wifey is a Florida gal. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Bobby "I talk like John Wayne" Stoops ended up back in G-ville.

Dave Logan for the Florida job.

How 'bout Rich-Rod to the U, Harbaugh to his alma mater, and Dave Logan to Stanford? Particularly the last one -- I'd really like to see Davey in Palo Alto.

UF tried to get Stoops last time around. from what my step-dad (OU donor) says: Stoops has been privately talking about hanging it up for good in 3-5 years. family time, kids getting older, and his dad died young of heart disease and all that. Also, Stoops absolutely loves last year's OU FR class, gushes about them like a teenage girl....so I'd be surprised if he left that behind if he's only got a few more seasons to try for another crystal ball.

So Meyer is out at Florida.. Lots of rumors that Rodriguez will be out at Michigan after Jan 1.

Some big schools opening up. Will be interesting to watch the dominoes fall.

UF tried to get Stoops last time around. from what my step-dad (OU donor) says: Stoops has been privately talking about hanging it up for good in 3-5 years. family time, kids getting older, and his dad died young of heart disease and all that. Also, Stoops absolutely loves last year's OU FR class, gushes about them like a teenage girl....so I'd be surprised if he left that behind if he's only got a few more seasons to try for another crystal ball.

Yeah, he's talked up their FR class on several occasions, thinks its the best incoming class he's ever had. Additionally, he and his wife are very involved in a number of community activities, etc. Breaking loose from Norman would be a major change in all their lives.

That said, his spouse and a chance at an $EC school (one he's already been at) in a talent-rich state may be enough for him to reconsider. Not sure if he'd do it or not. It just wouldn't surprise me if he did.

Yeah, he's talked up their FR class on several occasions, thinks its the best incoming class he's ever had. Additionally, he and his wife are very involved in a number of community activities, etc. Breaking loose from Norman would be a major change in all their lives.

That said, his spouse and a chance at an $EC school (one he's already been at) in a talent-rich state may be enough for him to reconsider. Not sure if he'd do it or not. It just wouldn't surprise me if he did.

Probably not when he's in the middle of building his 17,000 sq ft mansion in north Norman:

46097_10150256827365004_550750003_13966333_6668362_n.jpg

I believe his wifey is a Florida gal. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Bobby "I talk like John Wayne" Stoops ended up back in G-ville.

How 'bout Rich-Rod to the U, Harbaugh to his alma mater, and Dave Logan to Stanford? Particularly the last one -- I'd really like to see Davey in Palo Alto.

I don't think Rich Rod would be on the U's list after his failure at Michigan, but I would think Miami would be pretty good with a speedy spread option attack. Imagine all of those local Miami kids that bleed speed in an Oregon type offense. Malzahn/Holgerson maybe?

I would think Florida, in the interest of continuity, would give Mullen a pretty hard look. He might be able to get a little more out of Brantley too. Maybe Mullen was Meyer's Peterson?

Back