What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coaching Carousel...

i also think now that Spurrier is at S Carolina and had *some* success...and Meyer has eclipsed the Old Ball Coach's 1 NC....I don't think Stoops has the same "fealty" to following up his mentor (SS) at UF that he might have once had. SS is in the same conference at another school (not just the UF icon he was 5-7 years ago)....and UF has another new "legend" in Urban.

my step-dad's old backyard used to backup to the Stoops current Southern plains McMansion. adjacent, like. it was wicked cool actually before they built the houses....just open land for about a mile....lots of birds and hawks and bobcats. whitetail deer. snakes.

makes the most sense. he was that offense and he has done a good job at miss st and there is no way he can succeed there like he could at the swamp.

Probably mullen or strong if I had to guess. You could kinda see this happening with Meyer, he looked burnt out. Dont blame him though, that is a pressure packed job. He's pretty much set for life financially.

Best case scenario: Bo peep to UM in january, kNU has to hire Shawn Watson :smile2:

Best case scenario: Bo peep to UM in january, kNU has to hire Shawn Watson :smile2:

Won't happen, why would anyone want to leave Nebraska? Its the most wonderful classiest program in the history of football. All other programs pale in comparison to it. :smile2:

Since UA's QBs coach could be headed to Boulder, you have to wonder if the Mike Stoops to Miami rumor has serious legs to it.

Won't happen, why would anyone want to leave Nebraska? Its the most wonderful classiest program in the history of football. All other programs pale in comparison to it. :smile2:

No doubt. To go with classy acts such as death threats to coaches and conference officials, you also get to enjoy your players being verbally attacked by the classy fanbase. Add those program advantages with the mountains, warm weather, and quality of life in Nebraska, anybody would be insane to ever want to leave. That must be why we never see any of them here.

Mack wants to go back to a pro style-- so I think thats partially why Malzahn is out

Mack wants to go back to a pro style-- so I think thats partially why Malzahn is out

during the ATM game, the announcers said he wanted to return to a power run game. does that mean the Simms/Benson era? they had some good teams but never beat anyone good. i thought there zone-read was effective when they had the OL but a bad fit for Gilbert. additionally, the problem with the McCoy era was no deep threat outside Shipley. couldn't stretch the field so everything was dink/dunk within 15 yards of the LOS.VY had Limas Sweed...Sweed makes an unbelievable TD catch at Ohio State in 05 that basically wins the game for UT....and sets the table for the NC run.

during the ATM game, the announcers said he wanted to return to a power run game. does that mean the Simms/Benson era? they had some good teams but never beat anyone good. i thought there zone-read was effective when they had the OL but a bad fit for Gilbert. additionally, the problem with the McCoy era was no deep threat outside Shipley. couldn't stretch the field so everything was dink/dunk within 15 yards of the LOS.VY had Limas Sweed...Sweed makes an unbelievable TD catch at Ohio State in 05 that basically wins the game for UT....and sets the table for the NC run.

I wouldn't call the McCoy era a "problem," they won a lot of games last year. I think once McCoy left that they didn't have a QB who could make the system run and they had absolutely no running game. That's the problem with the zone read or the spread, if you don't have a QB you are screwed with nowhere else to turn.

I wouldn't call the McCoy era a "problem," they won a lot of games last year. I think once McCoy left that they didn't have a QB who could make the system run and they had absolutely no running game. That's the problem with the zone read or the spread, if you don't have a QB you are screwed with nowhere else to turn.

Sure, you are right. i just mean I saw Bama (and OU) have the athletes to play man, take Shipley off the board, push the LB's up into the play...and UT struggled to score points because they couldn't stretch the field with a deep ball.

Mack and company tried to make the move to a pro style this season because he wants to establish a better running game but they had trouble with it from the start and reverted back to some zone read and also some draw plays which allowed Gilbert some running lanes. Mack said Texass' lack of running game cost them a title shot in 2008 when they had problems agaist Tech and possibly a title in 2009 once Colt got hurt, no running gameput too much pressure on Gilbert. Gilbert is more of the NFL prototype and would be better in an offense that has him as a drop back passer vs a zone read. To quote Greg Davis "he looks like Ichabod Crane when he runs".

Now that they have Malcom Brown coming in things should get a little better for them but the main problem is their offensive line are a bunch of softies and get man handled around. They are more used to scheme pass blocking and are not nasty enough in the trenches for a power type offense yet.

Last edited:
Now that they have Malcom Brown coming in things should get a little better for them but the main problem is their offensive line are a bunch of softies and get man handled around. They are more used to scheme pass blocking and are not nasty enough in the trenches for a power type offense yet.

i don't read UT boards like i used to in the early 00's....but, soft up front was a long-time critique then....so, i'm not sure i'm all 100%, nostalgia let's go get Mad Dog for S&C. sure, part of it is scheme....but soft then, soft now?

Major Applewhite starting to get "major" props to take over as new OC at UT. Boise St. OC, Harsin, also getting play as a possible candidate.

Also, looks like Muschamp is talking to kNU's DL coach, John Papuchis (sp, fusker fans?) to take the same position at UT.

I was lurking over at pedophilia to see if there was any Bo to Miami updates and came across this gem from one of the posters:

"One would think you wouldn't have to beg anyone to stay at Nebraska. "

:rofl:

I was lurking over at pedophilia to see if there was any Bo to Miami updates and came across this gem from one of the posters:

"One would think you wouldn't have to beg anyone to stay at Nebraska. "

:rofl:
Hahahahahahahaha thx that made my morning :lol:

Back