1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coaching Profile: Ed Orgeron

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by BuffsRising, Nov 26, 2012.

1. BuffsRising

BuffsRising Well-Known Member

I doubt this guy is a candidate, just throwing this out there. He's a great recruiter, especially in SoCal, and has a track record of coaching top flight defensive linemen. And it would hurt USC. He fell victim to Ole Miss's delusions that they are the same as LSU or Bama,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Orgeron

Strenghts: recruiting, developing d-lineman, on staff for several national championship teams at USC and Miami. Obviously knows the pac-12, and has roots in Louisiana (which has helped USC recruit guys like Joe McKnight and John David Booty to USC).

Weaknesses: he's listed as the Defensive Coordinator, but its clear that Monte Kiffin (officially the assistant head coach) is calling the shots, and the defense at USC hasn't been that great lately, despite the talent they have. Didn't win at Ole Miss.

2. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Didn't he threaten his neighbor in Oxford? The guy is a crime against a person waiting to happen....

3. EddieCrowder

EddieCrowder Club Member Club Member

Correct me if I am wrong but I think Big Ed was the guy that set up all the "outside" activties in regards to Reggie Bush, and there was also some infractions at Ole Miss under his watch.

4. TDbuff

TDbuff Club Member Club Member

He did the Hulk Hogan rip to his shirt in his first team meeting at Ole Miss. His crazy makes him a great recruiter, but a sh*tty head coach.