What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coaching staff shake up at Utah, Whittingham on the way out?

Sliders concerns are the same as seemingly all of us. The main difference is he's reached his conclusion on MikeMac and many of us have not yet.

Nope, the main difference is that he feels compelled to state his opinion in unrelated threads. I mean, did tini post that he was glad to have MM instead of Whittingham in this thread? There's plenty of opportunity to post his opinion on MM on allbuffs, threads and threads abound where the coaching staff is discussed. It's a bit annoying that it has to pop up in this thread.

Dude lost to Embree. Would not swap him with MM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope, the main difference is that he feels compelled to state his opinion in unrelated threads. I mean, did tini post that he was glad to have MM instead of Whittingham in this thread? There's plenty of opportunity to post his opinion on MM on allbuffs, threads and threads abound where the coaching staff is discussed. It's a bit annoying that it has to pop up in this thread.
Pretty much this. We could have a thread about how cute puppies are, and Slider will chime in about how how HCMM's recruiting is dog****. It's incessant.

Dude lost to Embree. Would not swap him with MM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol. I forgot about that. Good point. I haven't given up hope on MM and still think we have to ride it out with him for at least another 2 years (barring a season like 2012 in 2015). As far as KW coming here as a DC, I give that a 0% chance of happening. He can sit out a year and probably get a P5 HC job or at least a high profile DC job (USC, Oregon, etc.). Why would he tie his coaching future to a defensive roster with, at best, questionable talent?

99 posts out of 100 yes. It's that one post they get right. Thats the bitch about it.

Your logic is the equivalent of saying you are willing to eat a **** sandwich for lunch 99 days out of 100 because of the one lunch in 100 that will be exquisite. No thanks, bitch.

Sliders concerns are the same as seemingly all of us. The main difference is he's reached his conclusion on MikeMac and many of us have not yet.

It's exactly this. It's not like he's debating the point. He has his opinion and while most fans and experts don't believe the data supports that opinion, he's entitled to it.

But why do I have to read it everywhere? What is the point?

Recruits come here (to the free portion) and I know this first hand. Don't argue that they don't because they do and this stuff festers with them. Negativity from the community towards CU football has been a big problem here since Lisa Simpson's party. There's a lot to overcome, especially with local recruits.

Is the point to **** the bed for our recruits who do come here or is it to make the rest of Buffnation not enjoy their time here? It's certainly not doing anything positive for the community here.

If you are going to make that argument, shouldn't this board basically just be all positive, all the time?

If you are going to make that argument, shouldn't this board basically just be all positive, all the time?

I don't believe that those of us who are sick of some of the antics on the board are calling for that at all. But there has to be a gray area, no? If someone has an honest critique or positive thing to say, I just want it to be relevant and backed up by something and I have no problem with it. Slider jumps on here and calls our coach a douche bag with no balls etc. This is what most people are taking issue with. It's just troll-like behavior.

I don't believe that those of us who are sick of some of the antics on the board are calling for that at all. But there has to be a gray area, no? If someone has an honest critique or positive thing to say, I just want it to be relevant and backed up by something and I have no problem with it. Slider jumps on here and calls our coach a douche bag with no balls etc. This is what most people are taking issue with. It's just troll-like behavior.

Sure. But there are a couple on the other side just as bad. And for some to argue Slider is the only one on this board who has made his mind up on MacIntyre, that is disingenuous. Several posters here are "all in" on MacIntyre being the savior.

Sure. But there are a couple on the other side just as bad. And for some to argue Slider is the only one on this board who has made his mind up on MacIntyre, that is disingenuous. Several posters here are "all in" on MacIntyre being the savior.

Agreed. That is why I addressed both positive and negative agendas in my last post. Differing opinions and debate make the board better, but only if it's constructive and worthy of a response. Unfortunately, a lot on here is not.

I think this is an issue that tech savoy ADs and even SIDs at other campuses have addressed and are addressing. I believe Plati has done well here over the years, but I place a portion of the blame on him for a lot of the negativity surrounding the program. I know that is a huge leap from where this thread has been. However, message boards, social media, etc. play a big part in fan interaction with the team and program. I have never seen Plati embrace once embrace the internet and its many platforms. At this point I don't believe he is capable of ever embracing it. There is a lot of speculation and information that gets shared on these boards. If I was an SID I would try and get out in front of a lot this stuff by providing content or information that the fans are obviously hungry to receive. Otherwise, why the hell would we spend so much time here reading 100 posts of bitchfest.

Agreed. That is why I addressed both positive and negative agendas in my last post. Differing opinions and debate make the board better, but only if it's constructive and worthy of a response. Unfortunately, a lot on here is not.

Gotcha.

I'm one of the positive people about HCMM. I think our football program is on the way up. I think everyone knows I really am confident with RG as our AD.

I've only been on allbuffs since August, and one thing I like is that even if we all disagree, I feel like all the regular posters really want CU Athletics to be the best. We all bleed black and gold here. We're all Buffs.

May sound silly to some, but we have all stuck it out through the highs (62-36) and the lows. The fair weather fans are all gone after so many losing seasons. To still be loyal buff fans says a lot. So I respect those who disagree and just hope we all are talking about Pac 12 championships in the future instead.

It's exactly this. It's not like he's debating the point. He has his opinion and while most fans and experts don't believe the data supports that opinion, he's entitled to it.

But why do I have to read it everywhere? What is the point?

Recruits come here (to the free portion) and I know this first hand. Don't argue that they don't because they do and this stuff festers with them. Negativity from the community towards CU football has been a big problem here since Lisa Simpson's party. There's a lot to overcome, especially with local recruits.

Is the point to **** the bed for our recruits who do come here or is it to make the rest of Buffnation not enjoy their time here? It's certainly not doing anything positive for the community here.

KW had a great staff assembled at Utah. Unfortunately it feels like Mac is behind the eight ball in this department.

KW had a great staff assembled at Utah. Unfortunately it feels like Mac is behind the eight ball in this department.

That staff seems to be what caused the rift with the AD. KW kept adding high priced guys and the AD thought he was over-spending.

And those high price guys were all plucked away from Utah for even more money. Looks like the AD does not understand P5 football.

That staff seems to be what caused the rift with the AD. KW kept adding high priced guys and the AD thought he was over-spending.

Yeah true. It just seems like it worked well this year and the staff was a bug reason why.

Continuity in a coaching staff can be a good thing when you have a coaching staff that is worth keeping together.

When continuity means that Nienas sticks around for another year then not so much so.

If we could get a rent-a-coach who makes us a notably better team in his time here then I'm fine with a lack of continuity.

Deseret News is reporting sources from the Utah AD office saying the Whittingham/Hill rift is being exaggerated by the press and that Whittingham is going no where. Means CU will be in competition for a DC with Utah. If Whittingham goes, he may chose to hook up as a DC for big bucks for a year or two at a school able to pay, freeing up another candidate for us. This rift has been present for at least 2 years, so the AD may be playing the Des News, trying to look good while hunting for a replacement.

Continuity in a coaching staff can be a good thing when you have a coaching staff that is worth keeping together.

When continuity means that Nienas sticks around for another year then not so much so.

If we could get a rent-a-coach who makes us a notably better team in his time here then I'm fine with a lack of continuity.

Everybody jumps on Neinas. Someone present a cogent, well-supported reason why. I tire of reading he is responsible for pi**-poor execution by players who have ST responsibilities.

Neinas didn't miss those three FGs at Cali, nor did he run by the CSEwe returners on KO's and punts or f*ck up that punt against UW. He's actually accepted responsibility for lots of poorly executed plays which were clearly the players' faults.

Everybody jumps on Neinas. Someone present a cogent, well-supported reason why. I tire of reading he is responsible for pi**-poor execution by players who have ST responsibilities.

Neinas didn't miss those three FGs at Cali, nor did he run by the CSEwe returners on KO's and punts or f*ck up that punt against UW. He's actually accepted responsibility for lots of poorly executed plays which were clearly the players' faults.

STs have been inconsistent at best. A lot of the failures are his fault from poor preparation.

Bigger issue is that his recruiting hasn't been close to up to par, from a position that should be a star recruiter.

Everybody jumps on Neinas. Someone present a cogent, well-supported reason why. I tire of reading he is responsible for pi**-poor execution by players who have ST responsibilities. Neinas didn't miss those three FGs at Cali, nor did he run by the CSEwe returners on KO's and punts or f*ck up that punt against UW. He's actually accepted responsibility for lots of poorly executed plays which were clearly the players' faults.
I don't dislike Neinas. I think he has delivered mediocre special teams with less than mediocre reserve talent. I also know he's got a great relationships with the guys from Kohl's & Sailer's. Beyond that, he had a good in-state network that helped MacIntyre establish himself here for in-state recruiting.But...My opinion is that a dedicated needs to deliver above average special teams and recruiting -- or be an absolute ringer at one of those.Neinas hasn't been that, so I believe there's an opportunity for significant staff upgrade.

I don't dislike Neinas. I think he has delivered mediocre special teams with less than mediocre reserve talent. I also know he's got a great relationships with the guys from Kohl's & Sailer's. Beyond that, he had a good in-state network that helped MacIntyre establish himself here for in-state recruiting.But...My opinion is that a dedicated needs to deliver above average special teams and recruiting -- or be an absolute ringer at one of those.Neinas hasn't been that, so I believe there's an opportunity for significant staff upgrade.

Only an opportunity if Neinas isn't around anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Neinas' special teams have gone from absolutely terrible at the beginning of the season to mediocre at the end each year. His recruiting edge is not worth it. Its cost CU too many games and nothing to make up for it.

Back