What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coaching Staff

Blind faith

Maybe.... but you don't bring in a new coach and tell him who he can and cannot bring with him. It will never work that way. Look at the Raiders and Al Davis. The man tried to control the coaches and look where they ended up. Bottom line is maybe it is blind faith but you hired the man to run the program so let him do it.

coachingsearch.com suggest that Bobby Kennedy might get a look at Arky under Bielema. footballscoop.com reporting that Ron Gould, former Cal RBs coach, is a finalist for the head coaching job at UC Davis.

USD HC is interviewing at SJSU per SJ Mercury News. Mac might be waiting to see of Baer or the USD HC gets the job before announcing CU staff.

The last head coach at USD before Caragher has done pretty well for himself. Just saying.

Kyle Ringo ‏@KyleRingo New #CUBuffs coach Mike MacIntyre plans to announce full coaching staff once it's all in place, which might not be until after Dec. 27

I just read that. It sure seems like MM is taking his sweet time getting a staff together. I'm all for getting it right, but having some staff set prior to the upcoming dead period probably would have been best for recruiting.

I hope the staff puts together a great plan and comes out no holds barred when the dead period is lifted. However, if the staff isn't set and announced until after December 27, it might be hard to have everything regarding recruiting duties set up as well as they could or should be going into the new year.

I'm not down on MM - just a bit concerned about the seeming lack of urgency.

I just read that. It sure seems like MM is taking his sweet time getting a staff together. I'm all for getting it right, but having some staff set prior to the upcoming dead period probably would have been best for recruiting.

I hope the staff puts together a great plan and comes out no holds barred when the dead period is lifted. However, if the staff isn't set and announced until after December 27, it might be hard to have everything regarding recruiting duties set up as well as they could or should be going into the new year.

Especially with a couple of teams in conference that are looking to hire people

Safe to assume to take a look at bowl games are being played before then and see if there's any candidates he's looking at?
Also, isn't there a lot of hesitancy toward Baer on the board? Seems like I remember looking at his resume and seems like he's gone nowhere but down. :huh:

There is an enormous salary pool for assistants, I would hope that we can make a bigger splash with the OC or DC. Lindgren I have no strong feelings on, but not impressed by Baer. Why not target a more established DC or a top quality position coach from a BCS school?

So MacIntyre is going to announce his staff as a whole after the SJSU game. My guess is if SJSU wins their bowl game, they announce Baer as HC? Then Baer could promote Bernardi to OC, which is why MacIntyre is waiting. I doubt Clark would be a candidate for DC, so I'm sure Clark and Jeffcoat are locks for the staff. Hopefully they're recruiting for us already. I'm just getting the feeling MacIntyre is in the coaching offices by himself trying to do everything

Bernardi, Jeffcoat, Clark, and Lingren are on board and the Baer outcome won't effect that. They are coming here.

Depending on the Baer outcome, DC/LB position may be up in the air.

I believe MacIntyre is full speed ahead in terms of filling out key Offensive spots.

I hope McIntyre doesn't make the mistake of not keeping Bobby Kennedy.

Bobby Kennedy's resume has a few question marks for sure, but I still think he'd be a good hire. I have liked the way he handled Clemons, and the way he's gotten his WR's to block, and play hard at all times.

Red Flags? The fact that he arrived from Texas with their recruiting database that yielded some good pickups in 2012, but seems to have little to no impact on TX recruiting in 2013. The fact that his WR corp at Texas was not well regarded in general, while having his pick of WR talent. The other red flag is how tied in he was with Coach Embree - may or may not be an issue.

Coach TunaMac will probably get some input from players here. His WR corp returns and if he has some good cred here, he might be a serious candidate.

Bobby Kennedy's resume has a few question marks for sure, but I still think he'd be a good hire. I have liked the way he handled Clemons, and the way he's gotten his WR's to block, and play hard at all times.

Red Flags? The fact that he arrived from Texas with their recruiting database that yielded some good pickups in 2012, but seems to have little to no impact on TX recruiting in 2013. The fact that his WR corp at Texas was not well regarded in general, while having his pick of WR talent. The other red flag is how tied in he was with Coach Embree - may or may not be an issue.

Coach TunaMac will probably get some input from players here. His WR corp returns and if he has some good cred here, he might be a serious candidate.

Coach McIntyre

:lol:

I think people were mentioning Ron Gould, today he took the HC job at UC Davis

I'm sure McCartney's coaching staff in the mid 1980's were viewed as full of future head coaches.

Just kick back and relax with the PS3/360 and win some Pac-12 Championships.

Baer's going to be our DC...face it.
SJSU hired the HC at USD.
Also, positive Klayton Adams will be brought on. He was TEs coach last two seasons under Mac at SJSU and was former center here in Boise.

Back