What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coburn, Morris To Compete At Millrose Games

cmgoods

Olympic Sports Mod
Club Member
VWNIGTTRWRBDGKD.20130212233309.jpg

articleImageBottom.jpg

Emma Coburn and Joe Morris

Photo Courtesy: Chip Bromfield, ProMotion Ltd.
Coburn, Morris To Compete At Millrose Games

Release: 02/14/2013 Courtesy: Linda Sprouse, Assistant SID

BOULDER - University of Colorado seniors Emma Coburn and Joe Morris have been invited to compete on Saturday, February 16, at the 106th Millrose Games, one of the most prestigious indoor track and field meets in the world.

The Millrose Games will take place at The Armory in New York City and features some of the world's top talent. Coburn is entered in the women's New York Road Runners' Wanamaker Mile while Morris will race in the 60-meter dash.

The field for the women's mile is incredibly deep. Coburn will be competing against three other 2012 Olympians, Sheila Reid, Nicole Sifuentes and Hilary Stellingwerff as well as Pac-12 foe Jordan Hasay (Oregon). The field will consist of 14 runners. This will be Coburn's first race since August of 2012.

"I'm excited to start my indoor season at such an incredible venue," Coburn said. "There have always been excellent competitors at the Millrose Games and I am really looking forward to being a part of the Wannamaker Mile."

Morris is entered in a field of seven racers in the 60 and is the only collegiate runner. Jeremy Bascom, Richard Brown, Doc Patton and Gerald Phiri all competed at the 2012 London Olympics; Kind Butler and Reggie Dixon round out the field with Morris.

"I am honored to have been invited to run with an elite field at Millrose Games," Morris said. "I have been a little rusty with a recent injury but I am mentally preparing myself to go out and compete. I think this will be a great experience for me as far as racing on big stages. I hope to go out there and execute a smart race."

In total there are 13 collegiate athletes competing at the meet and seven of those athletes are from three Pac-12 schools. Arizona has three athletes in the meet and Oregon has two, like the Buffs.

The men's 60 is scheduled for 7:37 p.m. and the women's mile is set for 8:40 p.m. ET.

The Millrose Games will be streamed live on ESPN3.com and will be tape-delayed on ESPN, Sunday, Feb. 17 from 6-8 p.m. ET. More information can be found at Millrose-Games.org.

from cubuffs.com

Back