1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cody conspiracy Theory

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by sliderNcider, Oct 14, 2009.

1. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

I think he had been playing injured the whole season. I know he suffered a shoulder injury about a week before the CSU game... and it appears that it drastically affected his arm strength. That floater he threw for a pick 6 just confirmed it to me.

He has taken a big step back this year in performance, possibly because of playing injured

2. AlferdJasper

AlferdJasper Well-Known Member

um... wat?

3. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

It's my conspiracy theory, that Cody hasn't been 100% healthy this year... His arm strength looks noticeably worse this year that's for sure (not that is was every strong to begin with)

4. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

If true (and I realize you aren't necessarily saying it is true), that would just add more fuel to the nepotism fire. Every other player who gets 'dinged up' sits.

5. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

If he is having arm problems, that's 2 years in a row. And it would be 100% attributable to the fact that he's not a D1 athlete and he has to overthrow every pass in order to be adequate.

6. buffs04

buffs04 Well-Known Member

I certainly wouldn't be shocked if this was the case, but who knows?

To me, he has looked pretty similar this year and last year.

7. AlferdJasper

AlferdJasper Well-Known Member

excuse me, my head just blew up

8. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Would not surprise me. That throw in Austin had more to do with horrible mechanics than anything though.

9. SINKRATZ

SINKRATZ Club Member Club Member

I'm no doctor, but a weak arm, slow legs, and shortness are not injuries. Genetics, maybe, but injuries? No.

10. SanDiegoBuff

SanDiegoBuff Club Member Club Member

I prefer to think that lightning dtrik the Hawkins house one night, transplanting Dan's brain into Cody's body and vice versa.

Cody... well... he really doesn't change much... and Dan gets a brain that knows nothing about football above a High School level. So... I guess he doesn't change either....

11. El Gringo

El Gringo Pura Vida Club Member

If I didn't make a similar post before, I was definitely thinking it. No one will argue that cody has a rocket arm, but his passes this year definitely look weaker. He sat out the last scrimmage because of it.

12. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

:nod: not a bad thought. they have looked worse.... however, that just makes the staff look worse.

13. CUwhit21

CUwhit21 Club Member Club Member

Looks like same old Cody to me. He's never had a strong arm and has always floated deep balls/passes to the sideline.

14. HotRack

HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

Definitely not defending CHawk here and quite ecstatic to see TH get his chance, but slider may have a point, no matter how much conspiracy it is.

Base my observation on this - I was at the spring game this year and have to admit, at the time, I thought Chawk looked better than TH. Based on what? His throws had more "zip" than previous years and footwork was better. Cody IMHO (and not much I know) did look better than TH.

Fast forward to fall - living in ATX, didn't see any fall practices (before they were closed off...:rolleyes:) but went to see CSU game. CH was a totally different QB than in the spring (as I'm sure everyone remembers.) Caught up in the excitement of the season opener, I had completely forgotten that he had been injured the week before...

My point: Don't slam slider too bad, he may be on to something, but at the same time I couldn't believe TH didn't get snaps vs. CSU and now, he is by far the most viable (AND BEST) option.

STICK WITH HIM HAWK!

Going deep...

15. Gateway

Gateway Well-Known Member

I know a QB that played injured the entire season too....fractured ribs. He was shot up before the game and at half time.

He had shoulder "rooter" surgery in the offseason.

16. SkiTownUSA

SkiTownUSA Administrator Club Member Junta Member

Hey, everybody. Gateway knew a QB that played injured.

Injury could be part of it. I don't know. But, Cody's passes seem to be lacking some zip this year. Not that he had a strong arm before. He is defenately lacking something though.

17. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

So CH comes back for a glorious fifth year starting next year when he's healthy?

18. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

No, Hawk will get Cody a mysterious medical redshirt for this year and we have Cody under center for the next TWO years!!!

Now that's the conspiracy theory that will make everyones head explode!!!:lol:

19. HotRack

HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

OWWWWWWW! My brain just EXPLODED!:cry:

Going deep...

20. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

I know. I meant to be funny, but am worried that will draw neg rep.:lol: