1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cody Hawkins or Tyler Hansen? Dan Hawkins undecided on CU Buffs' QB

Discussion in 'CU Buffs Newsroom' started by RSSBot, Jul 28, 2010.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

Nine months ago, Colorado coach Dan Hawkins said if he had it to do over again, he would not have brought his son, Cody, to Boulder to play quarterback. With a week remaining before the start of fall camp, Hawkins is once again faced with the possibility of naming his son the starter.

More...

2. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I hate the constant rehashing of how he went against everybody else and decided to take the CU job. Also, isn't he giving himself a little too much credit for building Boise State into a winner? Shouldn't Koetter get some credit here too?

3. Ruckus

Ruckus Peep my words. Club Member

:popcorn: ****ing balls.

4. chipwich

chipwich Administrator Club Member Junta Member

deja-****in-vu

5. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

Wow its July already.

6. SCB

SCB Well-Known Member

DH is a schmuck. Execute him now. It would be more merciful.

7. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

what is cool is all the reporters get a long weekend....... since they get to reprint the stuff they wrote last year. wake the **** up DAN.

8. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Here we go. I was afraid of this. The more time passes, the more DH convinces himself CH really is the best QB for the job. We've gone from, CH wants to be a coach so he'll see what it is like after UT, to well, he knows the 2 minute drill at KjSU, to opening the competition in the Spring, to now their neck and neck "razor hair" apart (whatever that means), to we'll (meaning I) name a starter in fall camp. Why do I have this funny feeling CH will do so well in Fall camp he comes out of the gate the starter? Is it because we're starting to hear the "Started 30 more games" mantra? Is it a fulfillment of the "you can't buy the experience a fifth year Senior has" nonsense predicted?

9. SCB

SCB Well-Known Member

I think DH is subconsciously committing coaching suicide.

10. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

Dan knows he's gone in a few months. I think he could probably go 8-4 and he'd either: A) get fired anyway; or B) take a job ANYPLACE else.

I think he figures, "what the Hell, I'm going out anyway. might as well go out coaching my son."

11. sweaty teets

sweaty teets Club Member Club Member

i will have an aneurism if ch is starting vs csu.

12. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

What he said. Why wouldn't he start his son? DH is in a "no win", pun intended, situation. The only way he wins is by playing his son and appeasing his conscience/wife.

CH is probably the better quarterback anyway because we all know he runs faster than TH and grows a half inch every year. Anyone would be afraid to tackle CH.

13. GregInArlington

GregInArlington Well-Known Member

That does it. No question now. I am definitely going to have to drive up to Denver to watch "The Indecision" be revealed in September. If Hawk decides to take his son's talents to Mile High I will personally puke on the sideline during every interception and blocked pass.