What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Cody Hawkins to OSU as Grad Assistant

Has been discussed in other threads too but probably worth its own thread on AB. I have no ill will towards Cody-his dad-another story. Cody was a trooper through all of that. I am sure he wishes he had gone anywhere but CU. Smart kid.

What's the over/under on Cody having more wins as a college HC as his dad had?

Congrats to Cody! It's a great place to start and I think he'll be an offensive coordinator pretty quickly. Kid understands the game. Great Buff.

Congrats to Cody on the new position.

http://www.buffzone.com/buffzonetopstories/ci_24924345/kyle-ringo-blog-cody-hawkins-joins-ohio-state

Not a great article but it gets the point across. Once a buff always a buff.
Never say never, but I can't see him running behind Ralphie. Does anyone really think he wants to relive that?

Honestly, he got a bad rap but his father even said that he would be held to a higher standard.

I do hope at some point, we can welcome him back with open arms. Red Sox did with Buckner after all.

Has been discussed in other threads too but probably worth its own thread on AB. I have no ill will towards Cody-his dad-another story. Cody was a trooper through all of that. I am sure he wishes he had gone anywhere but CU. Smart kid.

What's the over/under on Cody having more wins as a college HC as his dad had?
I'd bet on Big Hawk at this point, for all the hate -- Big Hawk's career as a whole is quite impressive, just didn't work well at CU.

Or Montreal.
Ha, that was just a bad marriage from the start, I don't think his firing was so much related to wins/losses. Given his CU experience as well as his father's, he'll probably be able to handle the naysayers better than your typical GA.

Being a GA is a thankless job with exceptionally long hours. I hope he has his running shoes on cuz after he is done breaking down film he will be expected to run for coffee, big macs, donuts, dry cleaning etc.

Saw Cody at CU this season (AZ game I think). He was gracious as always. Took time to talk with my son and daughter also. He was working in florida at the time for Nike (IIRC). He had said he was looking for a means to get back to the game.... congrats to him. A quality individual with thick skin. For all you Cody haters, he ended our short conversation with "Go Buffs"

Saw Cody at CU this season (AZ game I think). He was gracious as always. Took time to talk with my son and daughter also. He was working in florida at the time for Nike (IIRC). He had said he was looking for a means to get back to the game.... congrats to him. A quality individual with thick skin. For all you Cody haters, he ended our short conversation with "Go Buffs"
The CU experience will definitely make him stronger because of what he had to deal with. He didn't live up to expectations and it didn't help having his name when his dad wasn't succeeding. His dad even said if he had to do it all over again, he would've never recruited him. You can't undo this kind of thing but he can certainly make the best of the situation. Hoping things work out for him. I know his dad isn't coaching now, but he (Big Hawk) did say at the time, that he would be going elsewhere to coach.

I wonder what Cody's collegiate playing career would have been playing for a different team without all of ten issues inherent with being the coach's son. I even wonder what it would have been like playing for CU under a different staff.

Anyway, I think he has all the qualities to have a future in coaching football.

Being a GA is a thankless job with exceptionally long hours. I hope he has his running shoes on cuz after he is done breaking down film he will be expected to run for coffee, big macs, donuts, dry cleaning etc.

Seems like the kind of kid that would embrace all facets of the job. Not sure if he ever makes it to head coach, but I'll bet he ends up a pretty good position coach.

Excited for him. Coming out of high school, I had high expectations and after watching the ESPN reality show he was on, thought he was the real deal. I think coaching really highlights his abilities. Would expect hit to go fast and far in the business.

Side note: When I was at OU for grad school, my now wife mailed Cody a #7 CU jersey to sign. He received the package, signed the jersey and mailed it back to me for my bday. Thought it was a cool gesture and showed what kind of kid he was. Will always have respect in how he handled an impossible situation (Dad's firing). Good luck Cody!

Best of luck to Cody in his coaching gig. I now have another reason to cheer for tOSU over Nebraska.

Having Buffs in the coaching profession reflects on the type of program Colorado is.

Do a good job, at your new gig, Cody.

When does McKnight come visit you in Columbus?

I wish him well

Best of luck to Cody in his coaching gig. I now have another reason to cheer for tOSU over Nebraska.

Having Buffs in the coaching profession reflects on the type of program Colorado is.

Do a good job, at your new gig, Cody.

When does McKnight come visit you in Columbus?

He showed complete class in his time here and I am sure we will see him as a head coach in about a decade if that is what he wants.

Excited for him. Coming out of high school, I had high expectations and after watching the ESPN reality show he was on, thought he was the real deal. I think coaching really highlights his abilities. Would expect hit to go fast and far in the business.

Side note: When I was at OU for grad school, my now wife mailed Cody a #7 CU jersey to sign. He received the package, signed the jersey and mailed it back to me for my bday. Thought it was a cool gesture and showed what kind of kid he was. Will always have respect in how he handled an impossible situation (Dad's firing). Good luck Cody!
Given the situation, he couldn't have handled it any better. I remember some thinking he'd quit the team in protest. He even made it to a point to say when he signed with CU, nowhere on there did it say he was signing with Dan Hawkins. I wish other kids would realize that when they signed at schools. The school will always be there, good chance the coach who recruited won't be in four years.

Back