1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cody QB and Tri-Exec?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Skidmark, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Skidmark

Skidmark Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

It's probably me being selfish, but I'm not really excited aboutCody Hawkins running for Tri-Exec on the CU student government.

I am lumping this story into the same category as the Geer and Katoa news items. Players say and do stupid stuff when they are not concentrating on the team's business.

Is this for real? Does Cody recognize that his future isn't QB'ing a Division 1 FB program? I just can't see how being a Tri-Exec will help him or the school any more than pouring more time into strength and conditioning, or his studies. IMHO, Ballenger's and Nelson's stock is rising.

Thoughts?

2. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I'm sure Cody realizes he will not be playing in the NFL. He is pursuing an opportunity that will look decent on a resume. I don't get the big deal honestly.

3. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

I think it's great. These kids get 4 or 5 years here and they should enjoy everything that college has to offer them.

4. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Exactly, live it up. College football players should be able to have plenty of fun too.

5. 87toInfinity

87toInfinity Well-Known Member

Unless they consider it fun to beat people up...

6. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

perhaps he feels he will have plenty of time for both when he is holding the clipboard for ballenger?

i kid... i kid.

he's a gamer and he's smart. i am sure he'll be able to do both jobs if he wins.

7. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

Until they get paid to be football players, they need to milk every last dime out of that scholarship that the NCAA is so certain compensates them for the money they bring to the schools...

8. Skidmark

I wasn't aware that the Tri-exec position with the UCSU was living it up.

Let's juggle meetings with the advisory council of the Women's Resource Center, work out funding for flu shots at Wardenburg, improve the quality of food at the UMC, tell the Program Council they have no budget for a Dave Mathews - Phish show, referee a dispute between the "fill in the blank" alliance and their philosophically opposite fellowship of student "whatever", take Bruce Benson to task for tuition hikes.

Then show up for 6AM study hall, and get the play book down for the road game to FSU.

Yikes!

9. Chilly

Chilly Well-Known Member

Cody should be applauded for this. College is not about football! As much as I wish it was, it's college first. Unfortunately that has been lost somewhere in the last 25 years.

I wish more student athletes would step up and take on these types of challenges.

10. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

The tri-exec job is only a one-year deal, and it's not that much effort. I knew one of the tri-execs when I was at CU and she really didn't put THAT much effort into it.

It's a resume builder. Good for him. It might also help bring more attention to the football program from from the student body.

11. IDBUFF

IDBUFF Active Member

Cody is the universal man - he can do it - bedsides if he misses a meeting who will say anything?

12. The Monk

The Monk Club Member Club Member

The student government doesn't do much more than saying racism is bad.

13. Skidmark

The one item I'd want to see on Cody's resume is All American and National Champion MVP.

Considering it's a Tri-Exec, Cody is probably window dressing on the ticket. So long as it's a coronation of the BMOC, and it doesn't jack with his ability to lead the team and keep his GPA, then whatever.:cool:

14. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

Cody should do what we fans want and not what he wants. that's the most important thing.

:thumbsup::wink2:

15. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

Charles Johnson was student body president and I believe he has an MVP from a national championship game.

16. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

I never understood the concept of a TriExec. Like one isn't enough, I guess.

17. Skidmark

The buck stops where?

It might work best when some student council wonk finds a hot coed and the QB to front the ticket, leaving Stephonopolis Jr. to run the meetings. Three large egos can't be a good thing.