What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Cody QB and Tri-Exec?

Deleted member 807

It's probably me being selfish, but I'm not really excited aboutCody Hawkins running for Tri-Exec on the CU student government.

I am lumping this story into the same category as the Geer and Katoa news items. Players say and do stupid stuff when they are not concentrating on the team's business.

Is this for real? Does Cody recognize that his future isn't QB'ing a Division 1 FB program? I just can't see how being a Tri-Exec will help him or the school any more than pouring more time into strength and conditioning, or his studies. IMHO, Ballenger's and Nelson's stock is rising.

Thoughts?

I'm sure Cody realizes he will not be playing in the NFL. He is pursuing an opportunity that will look decent on a resume. I don't get the big deal honestly.

I think it's great. These kids get 4 or 5 years here and they should enjoy everything that college has to offer them.

I think it's great. These kids get 4 or 5 years here and they should enjoy everything that college has to offer them.

Exactly, live it up. College football players should be able to have plenty of fun too.

perhaps he feels he will have plenty of time for both when he is holding the clipboard for ballenger?

i kid... i kid.

he's a gamer and he's smart. i am sure he'll be able to do both jobs if he wins.

Exactly, live it up. College football players should be able to have plenty of fun too.

Until they get paid to be football players, they need to milk every last dime out of that scholarship that the NCAA is so certain compensates them for the money they bring to the schools...

I wasn't aware that the Tri-exec position with the UCSU was living it up.

Let's juggle meetings with the advisory council of the Women's Resource Center, work out funding for flu shots at Wardenburg, improve the quality of food at the UMC, tell the Program Council they have no budget for a Dave Mathews - Phish show, referee a dispute between the "fill in the blank" alliance and their philosophically opposite fellowship of student "whatever", take Bruce Benson to task for tuition hikes.

Then show up for 6AM study hall, and get the play book down for the road game to FSU.

Yikes!

It's probably me being selfish, but I'm not really excited aboutCody Hawkins running for Tri-Exec on the CU student government.

I am lumping this story into the same category as the Geer and Katoa news items. Players say and do stupid stuff when they are not concentrating on the team's business.

Is this for real? Does Cody recognize that his future isn't QB'ing a Division 1 FB program? I just can't see how being a Tri-Exec will help him or the school any more than pouring more time into strength and conditioning, or his studies. IMHO, Ballenger's and Nelson's stock is rising.

Thoughts?

Cody should be applauded for this. College is not about football! As much as I wish it was, it's college first. Unfortunately that has been lost somewhere in the last 25 years.

I wish more student athletes would step up and take on these types of challenges.

The tri-exec job is only a one-year deal, and it's not that much effort. I knew one of the tri-execs when I was at CU and she really didn't put THAT much effort into it.

It's a resume builder. Good for him. It might also help bring more attention to the football program from from the student body.

Cody is the universal man - he can do it - bedsides if he misses a meeting who will say anything?

The tri-exec job is only a one-year deal, and it's not that much effort. I knew one of the tri-execs when I was at CU and she really didn't put THAT much effort into it.

It's a resume builder. Good for him. It might also help bring more attention to the football program from from the student body.

The one item I'd want to see on Cody's resume is All American and National Champion MVP.

Considering it's a Tri-Exec, Cody is probably window dressing on the ticket. So long as it's a coronation of the BMOC, and it doesn't jack with his ability to lead the team and keep his GPA, then whatever.:cool:

I never understood the concept of a TriExec. Like one isn't enough, I guess.

The buck stops where?

It might work best when some student council wonk finds a hot coed and the QB to front the ticket, leaving Stephonopolis Jr. to run the meetings. Three large egos can't be a good thing.

Back