What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Cody vs Tyler

michase10

(Posted just after Tyler got hurt) I think Cody might actually be better for this team right now. I think Tyler has happy feet and is not as good as Cody when the line gives him time. I actually think Cody is pretty good when he has time, but because last year the line was so bad Tyler was the obvious choice. The line is playing better this year in giving the quarterback more time, so I'm curious to see if Cody will show more of his fr. year form.

Thoughts?

(Posted just after Tyler got hurt) I think Cody might actually be better for this team right now. I think Tyler has happy feet and is not as good as Cody when the line gives him time. I actually think Cody is pretty good when he has time, but because last year the line was so bad Tyler was the obvious choice. The line is playing better this year in giving the quarterback more time, so I'm curious to see if Cody will show more of his fr. year form.

Thoughts?

I watched last season and observed that Cody was too short to see over the line so his throwing lanes aren't as big, he doesn't have a very strong arm, and cannot make something out of nothing when things break down.

The line is playing better this year? Really?

I guess there's nowhere to go but up, right?

THE OL is playing like **** today vs an awful defense. Cu has what, 15 yds rushing at half? Add to that we have keisau who's has somehow lost his testicles to throw the ball downfield and is killing drives with his tupid playcallung of reverses and screen passes that don't work.

They better find a way to win this game or there will be no bowl game. Should have won last week, i'm sick of bad football.

Sorry for bad typing, had to have my index finger sliced open 4 inches due to an infection from a cut. Not like you could tell a difference:)

As long as TTech DLinemen keep their hands down (stop cheating!), Cody should do ok. He has targets to throw to now. Of course, McKnight will get 15 targets in the first drive coming out of the half, is that good?

Wasn't their defense supposed to be terrible? How do we have less than 20 yards rushing?

We suck :( Come on Buffs

Thoughts?

Thoughts? I think you're an AD plant. Single digit posts. New login. Something doesn't add up.

I love Cody, he's a great kid. Everytime some asshole starts a thread like this he gets dragged through the mud. I know what you're doing, but it doesn't help.

BTW - I have been on record saying that I think about the same of both of them.

KOA has mentioned that he's thrown behind receivers and ducks and wobbly balls, but he sure was dialed in when he first came in.

You gotta love throwing to the WRs when they're actually past the line of scrimmage too

Thoughts? You are retarded

You guys act like I'm ****ing pleading for DII danny's job cause of his son.
Stats via espn.com
2007:
QBs sacked/yards lost 16/110
NAME CMP ATT YDS CMP% YDS/A TD INT RAT
Cody Hawkins 263 463 3015 56.8 6.51 22 17 119.8 Not bad he got sacked 14 times.
2008:
Cody got sacked 16 times through 6 games (up until the kstate game)...not good line play. If the line doesn't play better than a move to a mobile quarterback is needed.
Stats:
NAME CMP ATT YDS CMP% YDS/A TD INT RAT
Cody Hawkins 183 320 1892 57.2 5.91 17 10 118.1 Pretty good again didn't get as many attempts as his fr year.
Last year: the line gave up 44 ****ing sacks. Vince Young wouldn't have done **** with that line.

And finally this year. I am sick to **** of seeing Tyler dancing back there with his ****ing happy feet taking his sweet time and getting sacked.
So far this game cody is 20 for 35 for 264yds 2 td 0 int. Tyler hasn't had a game even close to that this year.
**** you guys you are retarded.

:lol: :thumbsup: ...I thought your points were legitimate, but no...I don't think Cody is better for this team than Hansen. I do share your frustrations with Tyler though.

Back