What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Cody vs Tyler

I'm not an AD plant, nor am I a new user. But I like Cody. I like Tyler too. They bring different things to the table. Sadly, they are both mediocre, at best. I'm not sure the offense and play-calling show their best sides.

I just hate it when people here rag on Cody. He takes collateral flak for his dad. That's bull. Cody has proven to be a good kid, a strong team leader, and a great Buff. What's wrong with that? Why is he the lightning rod of criticism?

Because he has started at QB for the better part of three seasons. In those three seasons, we have been consistently ****ty and he has not been that good. Why is it so hard to understand? We still play college football at CU, winning and playing well are still expected. The idea that Cody is immune from any sort of criticism that might hurt his fragile feelings is complete bull****.

I'm not an AD plant, nor am I a new user. But I like Cody. I like Tyler too. They bring different things to the table. Sadly, they are both mediocre, at best. I'm not sure the offense and play-calling show their best sides.

I just hate it when people here rag on Cody. He takes collateral flak for his dad. That's bull. Cody has proven to be a good kid, a strong team leader, and a great Buff. What's wrong with that? Why is he the lightning rod of criticism?

the only thing that Cody brings to the table is a f*cking high chair

qbs get the blame. add in the bush league move of thinking he could play his kid without collateral damage and you have a no-win situation.

hessler is a hero now because everyone feels bad for what happened to him after football. but, many fans were absolutely horrible to him and about him when he was the starter. they said terrible things.

moschetti, same thing.

klatt, often, the same thing.

and, frankly, any of those 3 qbs are light years better than anyone we've seen on the field at qb in the hawkins era (error).

Cody gets disproportionately more criticism than Tyler. Meanwhile, their career stats are comparable, if anything Cody's are better.

That's what I don't get. Whether or not he was the coach's son, Cody was a 4-star recruit from the Elite 11 camp. It's not like the kid was a 1-AA walk-on.

Because he has started at QB for the better part of three seasons. In those three seasons, we have been consistently ****ty and he has not been that good. Why is it so hard to understand? We still play college football at CU, winning and playing well are still expected. The idea that Cody is immune from any sort of criticism that might hurt his fragile feelings is complete bull****.

Cody gets disproportionately more criticism than Tyler. Meanwhile, their career stats are comparable, if anything Cody's are better.

That's what I don't get. Whether or not he was the coach's son, Cody was a 4-star recruit from the Elite 11 camp. It's not like the kid was a 1-AA walk-on.

Cody was never a 4-star recruit. Check your facts.

And the reason why Tyler gets more of a pass is because Cody has had every advantage over Tyler in his time here. Cody's redshirt was preserved in 2006, Tyler's redshirt was burned in 2008. Cody got the vast majority of reps with the first team from spring practices in 2007 until he was benched in 2009. Cody was given every chance to fail while Tyler has been on a shorter leash.

This is the basis of your problem - you like mediocre. Those around the program longer expect more.

That said, I have an issue with Dapper Danny complaining that it just wasn't fair for Cody - his coaching is unfair to every player on the team. Cody, too, would have had more success playing for a better coach.

Cody was never a 4-star recruit. Check your facts.

And the reason why Tyler gets more of a pass is because Cody has had every advantage over Tyler in his time here. Cody's redshirt was preserved in 2006, Tyler's redshirt was burned in 2008. Cody got the vast majority of reps with the first team from spring practices in 2007 until he was benched in 2009. Cody was given every chance to fail while Tyler has been on a shorter leash.

Exactly. Plus, another reason Cody gets more flack is because of the -- real or imagined -- implementation of nepotism into the QB position. It was one thing to bring your kid here and play him -- his first year wasn't all that bad honestly -- but in the following years when things just got worse and worse, Hawkins inexplicably stayed with his son. And it kept happening. THAT is why, IMO.

Back