1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cody's coaching future

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buffnik, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

For those of you who were suffering through the end of last night's game, you may have caught Bellotti talking about Cody's future as a coach. He said that Cody wants to coach, but he's more interested in high school or small college because it's more of a family environment.

Now, I understand that Cody is probably jaded by what his family has gone through at the BCS level. But I hope he understands that even at those lower levels you have to win and be wiling to be accountable or the community will hate you.

2. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

Yeah I heard that too. I thought it walked a pretty fine line between saying BCS level and Colorado fans have been ****ty.

Either way, I really wish he and Hawk Sr. would have known a little bit more about what they were getting into. If you have the record Hawk has at this level, it's just not good enough. He can make up endless excuses about why he wasn't able to turn it around, but at the end of the day the only thing that counts is the Ws. I guess they'll have to learn that posting records like 2-22 on the road, even in high school, will still get you fired.

3. Buffellow85

Buffellow85 Well-Known Member

They may hate you, but in the lower levels, the opinions stay in community for the most part instead of on the national stage for everyone to see.

Didn't Craig Ochs go into coaching after transferring to Montana State?

4. GoBuffs08

GoBuffs08 Well-Known Member

It does not matter what level you coach at, if the team sucks, people are going to be critical. It might not make ESPN, but if you suck at a directional school, the people that watch are going to let you know.

I'm guessing since CH never lost a football game until college he has never experienced this until CU.

I have friends with kids playing freshman football and they are telling me every week how bad the freshman HS football coach is.

5. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

fify

6. Buffellow85

Buffellow85 Well-Known Member

Thank you.

I wasn't sure if it was A or B... Kind of like getting to choose whether to get shot in the arm or the ass. They both suck.. just depends on where you want to be sore.

7. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Active Member

Isn't the correct path to become a GA? Somewhere like BYU would be a good fit for him. He doesn't like the BCS level because he can't take criticism, he still won't talk to local reporters cuz theyre mean to daddy.

8. DesertDawg526

DesertDawg526 Resident Dawg Club Member

If Cody wants to be a coach I bet he'll be a great one.

He has been a great student-athlete for CU.

Say what you will about his dad, but I really am pulling for Cody to have a successful life. He's a great kid from everything I've read. He's done everything he could to make CU win, unfortunately it just hasn't worked out well for the program...

9. Buffy-too

Buffy-too Well-Known Member

Right on DD, it's not Cody's fault his Dad's a dweeb.

10. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

Who cares?

11. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

:stupid:

others. is that a problem for you?

12. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

As long as you keep Alferd off my back. That guys been a real jerk lately. :lol:

13. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

Not a problem at all...just curious who cares. Glad to see that others do....I could give a rat's ass.

14. UrbanaBuff

UrbanaBuff Member

All CU fans should care. If one of our own makes it big in coaching or broadcasting, that is a point of pride for the program. Aren't we proud of what Bieniemy is doing with the Vikings, or with what Kordell is doing on ESPN?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
  15. Buffsfan09

Buffsfan09 Member

To be honest, Cody is a good kid, but he shouldn't be playing at the BCS level.

16. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

noted. great contribution to a thread about a kids potential as a possible coach. i would think that the fact someone posted a thread on the topic would be proof enough that someone cares but......

i guess not.

17. The Guest

The Guest Guest

Which I think is important to note in this thread...

18. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

I hope Cody is very successful in whatever he does. He does seem like a good kid with a dad who is a professional failure. I just hope being DII's son, doesn't close doors for Cody when he is looking for jobs.

19. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

I don't know why people assume CH will be a good coach. Maybe he will, and I don't wish him ill, but really, aside from wanting to see a former Buff do well, what evidence is there that he can do the job?

20. Darian3Hagan

Darian3Hagan '89 Player of the Year Club Member

What no leap fog reference and we are already on page two?

21. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

[​IMG]

Not that this hasn't been covered ad nauseum.