What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football New's Pac 12 Bold Predictions

As been mentioned in other threads, hard to see HCMM leaving for another rebuild with his son now a part of this current one.

I think this author is just throwing stuff at the wall. He thinks CU will be better than everybody expects, so he's taking it to the next step. He didn't bother to really think it through too much.

Not concerned in the least.

There are a lot of good G5 and other lower P5 teams that have produced impressive turnarounds. Odds are really really low that MM gets hired away after this year.

M2 isn't going anywhere.

With the new facilities, an athletic director willing to support football, more cooperation from the administration than has been seen in years, and the other upward trends CU is no longer near the bottom of P5 jobs.

The programs that are substantially better than we are aren't going to hire a coach with 6 wins in 2 years including only one league win and 3 against FCS teams.

M2 isn't going anywhere.

With the new facilities, an athletic director willing to support football, more cooperation from the administration than has been seen in years, and the other upward trends CU is no longer near the bottom of P5 jobs.

The programs that are substantially better than we are aren't going to hire a coach with 6 wins in 2 years including only one league win and 3 against FCS teams.

I think this was the author's point...

I think this was the author's point...

The column stated to paraphrase, Some shrewd AD is going to pluck M2 despite the lack of wins.

I don't think anyplace he would be willing to go at this point would be willing to try to convince their fans that the lack of wins doesn't matter. Even if he gets 6-7 wins this year he won't be high enough profile for the programs that would be a step up.

With the changes at CU since he got here M2 isn't going to an Illinois, a Wake Forest, an Iowa State, etc.

The column was mostly just crap against a wall, this one won't stick.

The column stated to paraphrase, Some shrewd AD is going to pluck M2 despite the lack of wins.

I don't think anyplace he would be willing to go at this point would be willing to try to convince their fans that the lack of wins doesn't matter. Even if he gets 6-7 wins this year he won't be high enough profile for the programs that would be a step up.

With the changes at CU since he got here M2 isn't going to an Illinois, a Wake Forest, an Iowa State, etc.

The column was mostly just crap against a wall, this one won't stick.

You're right, I definitely can't see him leaving CU for one of those types, but there are certainly some bigger programs out there with established facilities, and large wallets that might be willing to take a shot on MM if he gets us to a bowl.

I'm with you and don't believe it happens this year, but I also don't think the statement was "crap against a wall".

Mac is here for at least 2 more years...if he is successful in the next 2 years and turns this thing around, he could become a franchise coach like Mac I.

I just don't see him leaving...where else would he go? He loves Boulder, makes a ton of money (and FWIW he said he didn't come to CU for the money, he wasn't interested in the job for quite a while when CU was recruiting him, but took the job for the challenge and when they committed to new facilities), CU will have the best facilities int he country (according to Mac) and when this turns around...a thriving program.

But the point of the article was a bold prediction...and that it is.

If he takes this team to a bowl game this season and gets poached, it isn't the worst thing in the world. I think there is a ceiling for what Mac can do at a program like CU that isn't in a recruiting hot bed, and Mac will have done his job here - turning the program around. Plus this will be a better job next year than it was when Mac took over.

Still think there's very little chance that happens this year.

Other programs wanting to poach your coach would be a good problem to have.

Anything is possible I guess. I would've laughed out loud if you told me a year ago that Jimmy Mac would be the Florida HC in 2015.

The only way HCMM is out of here is if we go 10-3, with losses to 3 highly ranked teams in very close games. Also, the program that takes him would have to be someone like OU parting ways with Stoops after another season the fans feel OU under performed.

The probability of that happening would be something around 0.02%

I think the writer got to the end of his word allotment and realized he didn't say anything about Colorado.

The only way HCMM is out of here is if we go 10-3, with losses to 3 highly ranked teams in very close games. Also, the program that takes him would have to be someone like OU parting ways with Stoops after another season the fans feel OU under performed.

The probability of that happening would be something around 0.02%

Disagree. There are a hell of a lot of teams between CU and Oklahoma at this point, plus we now live in a world where a coach could leave Wisconsin for Corvallis.

There is still the matter of MM's lackluster recruiting. In today's college football, the big boys aren't just going to ask if he won, but how well he relatively recruited.

I think this author is just throwing stuff at the wall. He thinks CU will be better than everybody expects, so he's taking it to the next step. He didn't bother to really think it through too much.

Not concerned in the least.
Exactly what I was thinking while reading. A lot of predictions for kids/programs to be good with nothing to support his thoughts.

ICYMI, the link on the same page was to his Pac 12 schedules and predictions...

Has the Buffs going 5-8 (4-0 non con) and beating AZ at home.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/1564899.html
So for the South...

UA: 7-5
ASU: 7-5
USC: 8-4
UCLA: 11-1
UU: 7-5

If USC goes 8-4 Sark should be looking for a new job. I still think we beat either OSU or WSU on the road this year along with a win at home.

So for the South...

If USC goes 8-4 Sark should be looking for a new job. I still think we beat either OSU or WSU on the road this year along with a win at home.

Agreed. He gets a mulligan for last year because they were already thin from sanctions and had a ton of injuries.

I could live with that outcome. Would like a road conf win too.

So for the South...

I agree. I think we win at least one of OSU/WSU and I also think we beat Utah on the road. AZ seems to be the trendy home game to win, which probably means we get smoked...

I think there's a better chance that we get 2 road conference wins and go winless at home (in P12), than beating AZ at home and going winless on the road.

Back