What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football Stadium Tour

Army's Michie Stadium:

aerial.jpg

wp-arial.jpg

MichieStadium_display_image.jpg

Michie+Stadium.jpg

This is hardly obscure, my good man.

Both of these obscure stadiums are home to professional teams.

Daniel Alcides Carrión Stadium, Cerro de Pusco, Peru. 13,973 ft elevation.
a6cd0b68-08f7-589f.jpg

Estadio Mario Mercado Vaca Guzman, Potosi, Bolivia. 13,353 ft elevation.
a6cd0b68-08df-a826.jpg

(Yet an other reason Soccer sucks)

Both of these obscure stadiums are home to professional teams.

Daniel Alcides Carrión Stadium, Cerro de Pusco, Peru. 13,973 ft elevation.
a6cd0b68-08f7-589f.jpg

Estadio Mario Mercado Vaca Guzman, Potosi, Bolivia. 13,353 ft elevation.
a6cd0b68-08df-a826.jpg

(Yet an other reason Soccer sucks)
Only soccer can suck so bad that it still sucks even when you can't breathe.

Michie Stadium is beautiful, as is the whole West Point campus. Highly recommend making the short trip up there during a visit to NYC, especially in the fall if you can catch an Army game.

Michie Stadium is beautiful, as is the whole West Point campus. Highly recommend making the short trip up there during a visit to NYC, especially in the fall if you can catch an Army game.

:yeahthat:

It's stunning. I don't know how the cadets can concentrate in a setting like that. I know they work them to death, but if I were there, I'd have a hard time resisting the temptation to just sit and look out at the river all day long.

here is one with a somewhat less sweet mountian view but if I am lucky enough to get old and retire i might try to be a regular at Western Carolina Athletic events.

It's pretty remote up there (Cullowhee) but yea it is a nice area.

Emmot Field/Shultis Stadium. Home of the Independence (KS) Community College Pirates.
Operators are standing by.

This was one hard stadium to investigate, sorta like Toney Clemon's transcripts. It's bad when the AD site's best picture is a black and white photo.

a6cd0b68-11f5-b8b9.jpg

a6cd0b68-1206-abfa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
large_image_1.jpg

UNLV: Sam Boyd Stadium. 36,800. The major football venue of Las Vegas - pretty incapable of hosting a Pac-12 title game, although some prospective Pac-12 CCG's would be hard pressed to draw 36,800 if teams like Stanford or Oregon State were to be involved..

View attachment 7086

UNLV: Sam Boyd Stadium. 36,800. The major football venue of Las Vegas - pretty incapable of hosting a Pac-12 title game, although some prospective Pac-12 CCG's would be hard pressed to draw 36,800 if teams like Stanford or Oregon State were to be involved..
I was there (see what I did there JRK?) for the the Rugby World 7s this year. It was hot.

I was there (see what I did there JRK?) for the the Rugby World 7s this year. It was hot.

Love the idea of Vegas for a CCG in theory, but not until Sam Boyd can be renovated/expanded, and as far as I know there are no plans for that. Weather would probably be pretty nice the first week in Dec, especially for an evening game. Would be a great location for CU - easy drive for SoCal Buffs, and not bad for Buffs in CO, either. I was in Vegas for a few days in March and easily made it back to Boulder in just one day of driving.

Aloha Stadium
University of Hawaii
Field Turf
50,000 Capacity

Keepin' it relevant.

a6cd0826-3faf-b668.jpg

a6cd0826-3fc6-98b3.jpg

a6cd0826-3fdb-fca9.jpg

a6cd0826-3fef-ad4f.jpg

go-buckeyes.jpg1388200116_85ea141637.jpg

Ohio State: Ohio Stadium (Columbus, OH) Capacity: 102,379, although they regularly get 105k in there. Probably will edge out Darrell K Royal (Texas) and be the biggest crowd that our Buffs have ever played in front of. Interestingly enough, it has no lights. OSU doesn't play home games at night very often, and when they do lights are brought in.

Attachments

• columbus-ohio-stadium7.jpg
    columbus-ohio-stadium7.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
View attachment 7093View attachment 7092

Ohio State: Ohio Stadium (Columbus, OH) Capacity: 102,379, although they regularly get 105k in there. Probably will edge out Darrell K Royal (Texas) and be the biggest crowd that our Buffs have ever played in front of. Interestingly enough, it has no lights. OSU doesn't play home games at night very often, and when they do lights are brought in.

CU played in the big house - twice. Just sayin'.

Fact check. Ruling...Sacky!
EDIT: The jury is out, however, as to whether a full UT stadium is larger than Michigan and Ohio State when measured by weight of those in attendance.

"Most of the 106,427 fans had to be counting this a s a Wolverine victory. Down in Section 1, Row A, Seat 5, Michael Westbrook’s mother, Mercy, noticed that members of her family were hanging their heads."

http://www.cubuffs.com/fls/600/classic/content/events/fb_1994_thecatch.shtml

CU @ UT "ATTENDANCE: 101,152"
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=292830251

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmmm...

reminds me of a Gusburger.....

better that it is in my mind and not my gut!

Those burgers were amazing at 2 am..... no so sure they are as amazing when I dont drink nearly as much and my waistline is directly proportional to what I eat :lol:

But thanks for the offer!

I remember staying at the Holiday Inn on the North side of town and spending all day at the Damon's sports bar in that hotel....

Fun place...

Believe Michigan bumped it up from ~100k to 107k in '99.

Edit: Looked it up. The Big House started in its current form in '98, bringing in crowds of 107k. Before this capacity was 102k from '92-'97. Could they have had an over capacity crowd for a CU game that will be larger than the over capacity crowd at Ohio Stadium? Maybe. I'd be interested to pull up the attendance figures, I'll see what I can do.

Last edited:
Believe Michigan bumped it up from ~100k to 107k in '99.

Edit: Looked it up. The Big House started in its current form in '98, bringing in crowds of 107k. Before this capacity was 102k from '92-'97. Could they have had an over capacity crowd for a CU game that will be larger than the over capacity crowd at Ohio Stadium? Maybe. I'd be interested to pull up the attendance figures, I'll see what I can do.

^^See post #85 above^^
Numbers and sources provided.

Back