What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Gameday Nov 19th?

Nor Cal Buff

Do we have a legit shot at hosting Gameday for the Wazzu game? Consider:

-We both have a good shot at both being top 15 teams by then. We get UCLA at home and Zona on the road. Wazzu also has 3 games they should win: @OSU, vs Zona and vs Cal.

-There aren't a lot of other big games that weekend. The main competitors are Florida-LSU and Oklahoma-WVU. There are quite a few tough games for those teams to maintain their status (LSU @Bama, Oklahoma vs Baylor, WVU @Texas and @OkSU).

-Gameday hasn't been to Boulder since 1996.

Seems like there's a shot.

I'd guess it depends on what games, nationally, are scheduled that day.

If both teams win their respective games the next 3 weeks, I think there is a good chance that both will be in the top 15, with an outside chance that one or both even being fringe top 10. If that's the case, it could be very intriguing for gameday to be in Boulder. However, with WVU #10, and OU #16 right now, if they both keep winning, that'd be a top 10 matchup featuring and east coast team and a blue blood. Also, if LSU beats Bama, I think UF/LSU game is a no brainer for them.

8-2 CU should be around #10, yes.

Wazzu will have trouble getting to Top 15.

Other marque match ups on Nov 19th with current rankings:
#16 OU visiting #10 WVU
#14 UF visiting #19 LSU

It is going to be close. Both WSU and CU need to win all their games the next two weekends to lock that in.

If we're going to get Gameday in Boulder this year, it will be if there is a match up of 10-1 Utah against 9-2 Colorado on November 26.
The only problem is that Saturday has all kinds of key rivalry games, such as Mich vs OSU, UF vs FSU, and Auburn vs Alabama.

It isn't just about us, it is also what else is going on that weekend (unfortunately).

If both teams win their respective games the next 3 weeks, I think there is a good chance that both will be in the top 15, with an outside chance that one or both even being fringe top 10. If that's the case, it could be very intriguing for gameday to be in Boulder. However, with WVU #10, and OU #16 right now, if they both keep winning, that'd be a top 10 matchup featuring and east coast team and a blue blood. Also, if LSU beats Bama, I think UF/LSU game is a no brainer for them.

LSU is not beating Bama, and they arent doing the West Virginia game if they lose. They typically do one FCS game a year, and that could be it.

Unless the big rivalries suck it's doubtful. Both teams need to win out until then imo.

The only problem is that Saturday has all kinds of key rivalry games, such as Mich vs OSU, UF vs FSU, and Auburn vs Alabama.

It isn't just about us, it is also what else is going on that weekend (unfortunately).

Agreed, but I just don't think WSU/CU will move the needle nationally. If Utah is 10-1 and has knocked off UW, they are a legit playoff contender. 9-2 CU becomes a national story based upon the magnitude of the turnaround in one season. We'll definitely still need some help, like some of the teams you mention losing before then.

I really doubt ESPN is going to be too turned on by CU-WSU if it's not a top-ten matchup.

CU is a good story, and I'm sure they would like to go to Boulder, but not against Washington State. We're not that big of a national name right as of yet, and Wazzou is the very epitome of a regional school.

I don't really see them doing another SEC game in LSU-Florida. WVU and OU is a definite possibility but we know gameday was already trying to get out to Boulder earlier in the season and I don't see the last weekend happening.

ESPN has had a floor reserved at a Columbus hotel reserved for that weekend since Thanksgiving weekend last year.

I really doubt ESPN is going to be too turned on by CU-WSU if it's not a top-ten matchup.

CU is a good story, and I'm sure they would like to go to Boulder, but not against Washington State. We're not that big of a national name right as of yet, and Wazzou is the very epitome of a regional school.

I agree. More likely it gets picked up as the FOX headline game & Klatt is here that week.

I bet the ESPN folks are looking at 2017 and hoping for USC @ CU to set up for Gameday. I don't see a 2016 game making sense.

I agree. More likely it gets picked up as the FOX headline game & Klatt is here that week.

I bet the ESPN folks are looking at 2017 and hoping for USC @ CU to set up for Gameday. I don't see a 2016 game making sense.
I think any games between the top 4 teams in the conference will be games they consider. If they were considering CU-ASU before we lost to USC then why wouldn't they consider WSU-CU if WSU is likely undefeated and CU likely has one loss?

I think any games between the top 4 teams in the conference will be games they consider. If they were considering CU-ASU before we lost to USC then why wouldn't they consider WSU-CU if WSU is likely undefeated and CU likely has one loss?

Because of the other games that day.

Might be a real possibility, especially if the ESPN CGD production crew has any say in the matter as far as a preferred road trip.... whattya think boys, Baton Rouge this week or Boulder Colorado? No brainer.

Could happen, I guess. We need some dominoes to fall. They do love Fowler & Boulder. They do have the tradition of the WSU flag making it to every Gameday. They do like visiting new places. But it has to be one of the most compelling matchups that day. I'm skeptical.

Could happen, I guess. We need some dominoes to fall. They do love Fowler & Boulder. They do have the tradition of the WSU flag making it to every Gameday. They do like visiting new places. But it has to be one of the most compelling matchups that day. I'm skeptical.
CU is going to need to maintain its top defense standing and WSU its top offense. That will help.

Back