What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Gameday Nov 19th?

Do we have a legit shot at hosting Gameday for the Wazzu game? Consider:

-We both have a good shot at both being top 15 teams by then. We get UCLA at home and Zona on the road. Wazzu also has 3 games they should win: @OSU, vs Zona and vs Cal.

-There aren't a lot of other big games that weekend. The main competitors are Florida-LSU and Oklahoma-WVU. There are quite a few tough games for those teams to maintain their status (LSU @Bama, Oklahoma vs Baylor, WVU @Texas and @OkSU).

-Gameday hasn't been to Boulder since 1996.

Seems like there's a shot.

That sure would make it convenient for the guy who always shows up to wave the WSU flag in the background.

8-2 CU should be around #10, yes.

Wazzu will have trouble getting to Top 15.
I don't think beating UCLA or Zona will move the needle that much. Tough for me to see any higher than #15 unless a bunch of top 10 teams lose in the next two weeks.

8-2 CU should be around #10, yes.

Wazzu will have trouble getting to Top 15.

Wazzu is sitting at 26th in the rankings right now. Why would they have trouble moving into the top 15 while we would be around 10 even though they're only 3 spots behind us currently?

Wazzu is sitting at 26th in the rankings right now. Why would they have trouble moving into the top 15 while we would be around 10 even though they're only 3 spots behind us currently?
I agree. They also have 3 games to play and impress, while we only have two. Even though it's Oregon State, I could definitely see them jumping us in the rankings come Sunday with a big blowout win.

I agree. They also have 3 games to play and impress, while we only have two. Even though it's Oregon State, I could definitely see them jumping us in the rankings come Sunday with a big blowout win.

I could just as easily see them lose as blow out the beavers.

No way, they have the same amount of losses but to an FCS team and BSU while we lost against the number 2 team in the country and at USC. Their wins aren't very impressive either, like ours.

Might be a real possibility, especially if the ESPN CGD production crew has any say in the matter as far as a preferred road trip.... whattya think boys, Baton Rouge this week or Boulder Colorado? No brainer.

Is it? I'm pretty sure Baton Rouge is a great experience on a college football Saturday. I know there is nothing better than the late fall sunshine on your back in Boulder on game day, but I'd love to make the trip to Baton Rouge some day.

I doubt both CU and Wazzu win their next three games.
Not only that, but a bunch of top 25 teams will still lose games they thought were safe. This happens EVERY year. The whole playoff thing always gets turned onto it's ear.

Colorado needs to take care of business and if it does, we will end up ranked where we should be.

FCS loss is a big negative mark on their resume.

I expect CU's resume to get better looking as Michigan, USC, Stanford all win. Teams will be losing in front of us. A lot of losses coming, actually.

No way, they have the same amount of losses but to an FCS team and BSU while we lost against the number 2 team in the country and at USC. Their wins aren't very impressive either, like ours.
They are #26 in the country and CU is #23 right now. They play a game. We don't. If you think the AP voters are comparing the CU and Wazzu losses to determine who is ranked where, I think you're mistaken. I maintain that, depending on how things shake out around them, CU could just as easily fall out of the top 25 just for being idle this week than stay put or move up.

They are #26 in the country and CU is #23 right now. They play a game. We don't. If you think the AP voters are comparing the CU and Wazzu losses to determine who is ranked where, I think you're mistaken. I maintain that, depending on how things shake out around them, CU could just as easily fall out of the top 25 just for being idle this week than stay put or move up.
You're crazy man, I like you, but you're crazy.

You're crazy man, I like you, but you're crazy.
Ha, we'll see. I just don't really think AP voters are examining anything beyond program perception and record at this point. Case in point... LSU and Ole Miss being ranked last week and LSU jumping 6 spots after beating an overrated Ole Miss team. Nebraska is also another great example of the laziness of the voters.

FCS loss is a big negative mark on their resume.

I expect CU's resume to get better looking as Michigan, USC, Stanford all win. Teams will be losing in front of us. A lot of losses coming, actually.

If it were such a big negative mark on their resume, they wouldn't be only 3 spots behind us in the rankings now. It's already baked into their ranking.

And while resumes do matter, the rankings really don't look at them that much from week to week, especially past teams played. Much more important is where a team is ranked and what happens in front of them.

If it were such a big negative mark on their resume, they wouldn't be only 3 spots behind us in the rankings now. It's already baked into their ranking.

And while resumes do matter, the rankings really don't look at them that much from week to week, especially past teams played. Much more important is where a team is ranked and what happens in front of them.

There are plenty of voters who will not put them in their top 25. That's why they are unranked. They will remain unranked by those people until they beat a ranked team. It's not that those already voting for them won't move them up as usual... their challenge is the voters who have overweighted the opening week.

Regardless, this conversation is moot. AP doesn't matter starting on Tuesday. We'll have to see where the CFP polls put everyone. They like their advanced stats & conference standings, so CU and WSU could both be higher than expected (especially CU with both a Top 10 O & D).

There are plenty of voters who will not put them in their top 25. That's why they are unranked. They will remain unranked by those people until they beat a ranked team. It's not that those already voting for them won't move them up as usual... their challenge is the voters who have overweighted the opening week.

Regardless, this conversation is moot. AP doesn't matter starting on Tuesday. We'll have to see where the CFP polls put everyone. They like their advanced stats & conference standings, so CU and WSU could both be higher than expected (especially CU with both a Top 10 O & D).
Yeah, I fully expect the Buffs to be 4-5 spots higher in the first CFP standings because their committee must spend a lot more time looking at the Buffs than the average SEC beat writer with an AP vote.

every-time I see that ^^ it makes me "Cream my Jeans". Isn't that literally nuts? from bottom dwellers to top 10. Crazy

Good point and I didn't realize the CFP Rankings came out on Tuesday. That'd be huge to see CU's ranking start with a 1

Yup. And WSU is ranked all the way back at 46th in S&P, but is in 23 according to ESPN's FPI. So it's going to take a bit for them to really rise, depending on which advanced stats are used. Do we know which ones they like? I didn't see it in a quick google.

Probably plan to send off Corso with the buckeyes/wolverines game.

He can do the headgear thing as long as he wants/feels good enough to. it's still funny to watch. Feels like a FOX game-Klatt is lobbying his bosses at FOX to pick it up and let him and Gus call it. (Said that during his weekly chat with Mike Evans)

He can do the headgear thing as long as he wants/feels good enough to. it's still funny to watch. Feels like a FOX game-Klatt is lobbying his bosses at FOX to pick it up and let him and Gus call it. (Said that during his weekly chat with Mike Evans)

Did you see the espin special segment on Corso and his "headgear" choices?

This should help with voters not paying attention and just voting on historicals. All of a sudden, they have a very important data point staring them in the face that they cannot ignore.

Did you see the espin special segment on Corso and his "headgear" choices?

Yes, and my opinion didn't change after it. Is he slowing down? Yes. Gameday, and Corso in particular is still one of the best things ESPN has going for it. If Corso wants to continue to do it and is healthy enough to do it, why make a change? The bit is still funny, and he's still sharp enough to come up with new ways to entertain every week.

Yes, and my opinion didn't change after it. Is he slowing down? Yes. Gameday, and Corso in particular is still one of the best things ESPN has going for it. If Corso wants to continue to do it and is healthy enough to do it, why make a change? The bit is still funny, and he's still sharp enough to come up with new ways to entertain every week.

I may be way off base, but it seems like Corso may be retiring. I hope not, he's still pretty entertaining.

Back