What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Gameday Nov 19th?

Is it? I'm pretty sure Baton Rouge is a great experience on a college football Saturday. I know there is nothing better than the late fall sunshine on your back in Boulder on game day, but I'd love to make the trip to Baton Rouge some day.

How about Waco vs. Boulder then?

I get what you're saying about Baton Rouge, probably a fun place to go. But I was thinking more along the lines of that Gameday crew spends so much time in SEC country during the season -- whether it's in Tuscaloosa or Auburn or Baton Rouge or Oxford -- that if presented with the option of going somewhere cool that they don't normally get to go, like Boulder, that it would be a no-brainer.

There are plenty of voters who will not put them in their top 25. That's why they are unranked. They will remain unranked by those people until they beat a ranked team. It's not that those already voting for them won't move them up as usual... their challenge is the voters who have overweighted the opening week.

Regardless, this conversation is moot. AP doesn't matter starting on Tuesday. We'll have to see where the CFP polls put everyone. They like their advanced stats & conference standings, so CU and WSU could both be higher than expected (especially CU with both a Top 10 O & D).

Is there any evidence to back up the first paragraph or is it just speculation?

Fair enough regarding AP not mattering after this weekend. Will be interesting.

How about Waco vs. Boulder then?

I get what you're saying about Baton Rouge, probably a fun place to go. But I was thinking more along the lines of that Gameday crew spends so much time in SEC country during the season -- whether it's in Tuscaloosa or Auburn or Baton Rouge or Oxford -- that if presented with the option of going somewhere cool that they don't normally get to go, like Boulder, that it would be a no-brainer.

Makes sense. They did #23 Cal at #5 Utah in 2015. Assuming no additional losses for WSU, this would likely be a more appealing game than that. I didn't realize that it had been twenty years since they were in Boulder.

Other marque match ups on Nov 19th with current rankings:
#16 OU visiting #10 WVU
#14 UF visiting #19 LSU

It is going to be close. Both WSU and CU need to win all their games the next two weekends to lock that in.

You do know what the S in ESPN stands for, don't you?

they did already... the opening gameday of the year was in Fargo

No it wasn't, on opening weekend GameDay was in Green Bay for the LSU-Wiscy game. They haven't done an FCS game yet this year.

But as @ahoelsken pointed out, they're likely to do an FCS game and a weekend like the one of 11/19 would be the type of weekend that they pick a lower-tier game to go to. At a quick glance I'm not seeing any FCS games that jump out to me, although Yale-Harvard is that weekend.

Game day is headed to baton rouge this week... looking at the schedule... there aren't a lot of other marquee games that week outside of us and Florida-LSU in Baton rouge... are they really gonna head back there twice in 3 weeks?

Game day is headed to baton rouge this week... looking at the schedule... there aren't a lot of other marquee games that week outside of us and Florida-LSU in Baton rouge... are they really gonna head back there twice in 3 weeks?

If we both win this weekend I could see it. Especially because CU and WSU should be pretty highly ranked in the CFP Rankings.

While that would be awesome (those views would be incredible all morning long), it doesn't allow for all the crowd stuff they like to do.
It's a pretty big area though, they could still get quite a few people up there don't you think?

I think Farrand would be the best. Right in the middle of the tailgating, close to the stadium, students would be everywhere, flatirons in the background. That'd be my choice, although, the rooftop would also be ideal.

I think Farrand would be the best. Right in the middle of the tailgating, close to the stadium, students would be everywhere, flatirons in the background. That'd be my choice, although, the rooftop would also be ideal.
the rooftop wouldn't allow big crowds in the background, or would at least make it difficult.

Damn. If they do Farrand, I'll have to show up six hours early.

I'll live. Do it at Farrand.

A reminder, Farrand is where the band practices every MWF and Saturday morning. So CU will either have to set gameday up on Farrand and prepare the business field for the band, or just set up on the business field. Not really a big deal, but its just one more piece to the logistical puzzle.

the rooftop wouldn't allow big crowds in the background, or would at least make it difficult.
They say the official capacity is something like 600, so they could get enough people up there and it would look a lot more crowded than it actually would be, but I think the main issue is that it would almost have to be manufactured up there. It's not the easiest place to just come and go or before 7 am so people would almost have to be forced to go and stay for all 3 hours.

A reminder, Farrand is where the band practices every MWF and Saturday morning. So CU will either have to set gameday up on Farrand and prepare the business field for the band, or just set up on the business field. Not really a big deal, but its just one more piece to the logistical puzzle.
Depending on when the game is played, Gameday will be finished by the time the band would need to use the field.

Actually, I think the best spot would be the Norlin quad. Talk about showing off CU's beauty. Sewall field would be nice, too.

Depending on when the game is played, Gameday will be finished by the time the band would need to use the field.

Actually, I think the best spot would be the Norlin quad. Talk about showing off CU's beauty. Sewall field would be nice, too.

Norlin would be beautiful. The front range and Old Main in the background.

Back