1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

College hoops most under-rated players

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Fight CU, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Fight CU

Fight CU Club Member Club Member

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/41610767/displaymode/1247/beginSlide/1/

2. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

ssshhhhhhh dont let people know that. enough NBA teams will start to believe it and he will be pegged to go in the lottery or the top 10. Need him to be a late late first round pick so he will stay here.

3. RumblinBuff

RumblinBuff That one blogging guy Club Member

Anyone who knows the Big XII realizes that Burks isn't under-rated. If anyone on the team is under-rated its Cory who's done a noble job of deferring to Al.

4. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

Higgins has "quietly" been one of the top 15 or so players in the league for 3 years.

5. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

what do you mean by league? do you mean the big 12 conference?

6. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

yes.

7. tante

he was 3rd team all big 12 in 2009 and 2010, and is 8th right now in Big 12 scoring.

8. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I think CH is going to surprise some people by making an NBA roster and sticking.

9. tante

I know a lot of people are really high on him, but I'm not sure he has the right shot for the NBA. He does a lot of great things, but his shot is so flat, I wonder if he is going to have a hard time scoring in the NBA. If he does make it, it will be bad if we don't make the NCAA with 2 NBA players on the roster.

10. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

An announcer and color-commentator during one CU game were talking about Cory's skill set. They thought that his ability to draw contact from the defender was off the charts, and coupled with his high FT%, they believe these skills would translate very well. They also talked about his ability to attack the lane, defense, rebounding, and his ball handling. But they really liked they way he initiates contact -- they thought this skill was already nba level.

What I took away from their conversation was that they believe somebody in the nba is gonna take him with the belief that he can be developed into a decent player.

11. tante

thanks for posting, can't say I disagree with anything that you said. I'm not sure that he will get drafted but he will get a look in the summer leagues for sure.

12. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

tante - I'm just passing on what I heard.

13. TDforTD

TDforTD Banned BANNED Club Member

I really like Higgins but I don't know how well his game will transition. As someone else said his jump shot is very meh already and most of the 3s he makes will become long 2s in the NBA. He has a decent mid-range game and like others have said he gets to the FT line which is very important when his jumper isn't falling. Unfortunately, he's not all that great without the ball, but with it, he will have a harder time against stronger NBA guards. He's not all that fast and even though he's listed at 6'5" I am sure that height will drop when he gets officially recorded.

Burks has been less impressive lately, but he's far better at creating his own shot and is far more athletic which is pretty much the difference in their draft positions.

14. JRK1212

JRK1212 Troll

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011