1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

College Hotline - College football: Best games for 2016

Discussion in 'CU Buffs Newsroom' started by RSSBot, Jan 14, 2016.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

[​IMG]

Most likely the final installment of my early look at 2016 from a national perspective. If the muse strikes, I might add one more item to the series (and I will update the top-25 projections if NFL Draft decisions warrant). Next week, the focus turns to the Pac-12, with order-of-finish projections, all-conference predictions, top games, and more // …

The first weekend of the 2016 season stands, on paper, as the best first weekend of any season, ever.

It’s only 232 days away.

(Both teams from Los Angeles had better be ready, one a tad more than the other.)

Notes on the following:

*** Some selections were obvious. Others were based on my projections for the top teams, leading to picks for the best games between said teams.

*** I’ve attempted to select at least two games per week. That was fairly easy early and late; not so much in the middle. Part of the problem is …

*** The ACC hasn’t announced its master schedule, so there was no way to know the date for Clemson-Florida State, which could be the game of the year. I’ve slotted it for the second Saturday in November. It should be in the late-October/early-November range.

*** Also: The Big 12 is now free (thanks to NCAA legislation) to stage a title game with only 10 teams and might decide to do just that next season. The league built flexibility into its master schedule, so the dates for several games listed below could change.

Sept. 3

USC vs. Alabama in Arlington.
    UCLA at Texas A&M
    Oklahoma vs. Houston
    Notre Dame at Texas
    Clemson at Auburn

Sept. 10

Washington State at Boise State
    Arkansas at TCU

Sept. 17

Michigan State at Notre Dame
    Ohio State at Oklahoma
    USC at Stanford
    Oregon at Nebraska

Sept. 24

Florida at Tennessee
    Oklahoma State at Baylor

Oct. 1

Oregon at Washington State
    Oklahoma at TCU

Oct. 8

LSU at Florida
    Texas vs. Oklahoma
    Washington at Oregon

Oct. 15

Alabama at Tennessee
    UCLA at Washington State
    Stanford at Notre Dame

Oct. 22

Ohio State at Penn State
    Mississippi at LSU

Oct. 29

Miami at Notre Dame
    Michigan at Michigan State

Nov. 5

Alabama at LSU
    TCU at Baylor
    Oregon at USC

Nov. 12

Clemson at Florida State
    Baylor at Oklahoma
    Michigan at Iowa

Nov. 19

Louisville at Houston
    USC at UCLA
    Ohio State at Michigan State

Nov. 26

Michigan at Ohio State
    Notre Dame at USC

The post College football: Best games for 2016 appeared first on College Hotline.

Continue reading...

by Jon Wilner