What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Collier and Perkins

Wow who gives a **** guys about what you all perceive as disingenuous. The guy only brought up Perkins' stats. R E L A X.

I didn't comment, but I did assume a point was being made when I saw it in this thread instead of Perkins' profile.

Season has pretty much gone exactly like I expected it to so far. A bit extreme (wasn't expecting as big of a win vs Auburn or as big of a loss vs Wyoming), but as expected. Until something truly bizarre happens, I'm good.

I'm in the same boat. I had Wyo as a probable loss when I predicted our record preseason. It's just the 33 points thing. I didn't expect the Buffs to get bent over and take offense back to 1940s. It may mean very little in the long term, we'll see.

RE: BB Message Board touchiness, maybe the thread should have been titled "Collier and Perkins", instead of "Collier vs Perkins". Gotta keep your readership in mind. :nod:

Where else would you post that? If it's a thread of Dom vs. Perkins wouldn't Perkins being hurt play a role in comparing the two currently?

I haven't seen him play yet, but in the AF game highlights there is a play where he made a pass that made me say, wow.

3 players at the 3 point line, Dom in the center. Player to the left passes to Dom who passes it to the player to his right. Routine play, right?

Not quite. There is no delay by Dom, whatsoever. He receives the pass and in a blink the ball is on its way to the next player. This takes great hand, wrist, and arm strength, and is combined with a subtle but lightening quick hip rotation - he doesn't step to make the pass. This also requires good vision as he sees the defense, identifies where the ball needs to go, and then makes a dead-on accurate pass.

Count me as impressed.

RE: BB Message Board touchiness, maybe the thread should have been titled "Collier and Perkins", instead of "Collier vs Perkins". Gotta keep your readership in mind. :nod:

At the time it was started, I believe we were in a recruiting cycle where both were interested in CU but we were getting word that they wouldn't go to the same place. In context, this thread made a lot of sense.

Today, we're all on board with Collier while Perkins has become a local product we wish well for. Given that change to the dynamics of the situation and that this thread has been revived, I'll change the title as you suggest.

At the time it was started, I believe we were in a recruiting cycle where both were interested in CU but we were getting word that they wouldn't go to the same place. In context, this thread made a lot of sense.

Today, we're all on board with Collier while Perkins has become a local product we wish well for. Given that change to the dynamics of the situation and that this thread has been revived, I'll change the title as you suggest.

Nik, you're right. It was a "versus" issue in that previous context. My oversight.

Back