What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado 31 Eastern Washington 24 - Pros and Cons

EWU showed us how the run the no huddle offense today that is for sure. Are we going to get Scott on the outside behind the tackles? All the DL did today was crash the middle. If Stewart was in the game, we ran a sweep but nothing inside. We are very predictable on offense right now and we have zero identity. We must have had 5 - 8 3rd and 10+ because we try to throw these little dump passes or get Scott killed with the same running play up the middle. What week do you think we will stop running the qb sneak on the goal line. We

Your blog described things very well. It has been relatively rare this season that I have seen CU "attacking" either offensively or defensively. Lots of conservative play calling on offense (like throwing a 3 yard pass to the FB on 3rd and 13) and lots of conservative play calling on defense (defensive backs 10 yards off the LoS, absolutely no pass rush). I would like to see the Buffs start to ATTACK both on offense and on defense.

EWU showed us how the run the no huddle offense today that is for sure. Are we going to get Scott on the outside behind the tackles? All the DL did today was crash the middle. If Stewart was in the game, we ran a sweep but nothing inside. We are very predictable on offense right now and we have zero identity. We must have had 5 - 8 3rd and 10+ because we try to throw these little dump passes or get Scott killed with the same running play up the middle. What week do you think we will stop running the qb sneak on the goal line. We

Maybe QB Nichols has enough eligbility left to consider a transfer to a BCS school. That guy's stock has to be pretty high right now.

Your blog described things very well. It has been relatively rare this season that I have seen CU "attacking" either offensively or defensively. Lots of conservative play calling on offense (like throwing a 3 yard pass to the FB on 3rd and 13) and lots of conservative play calling on defense (defensive backs 10 yards off the LoS, absolutely no pass rush). I would like to see the Buffs start to ATTACK both on offense and on defense.

Thanks...that is my biggest complaint right now about the offense. Its like we are scared to make a mistake and by playing timid we are making tons of them.

Maybe QB Nichols has enough eligbility left to consider a transfer to a BCS school. That guy's stock has to be pretty high right now.

He was good but he still had a few head scratcher throws. I really don't know if he has a heck of a lot of arm strength to make all the throws but overall he was pretty impressive.

that blog is not brutal.

i also think this is laughable, " I actually felt bad for EWU's quarterback when he threw the INT that cost them the game. He played too well to have that happen"

what? are we going to boo hoo for him and throw carnations his way? maybe launch him through the air and serve him peanuts?

IT IS A DIMENSION OF THE GAME. period. good defenses do that. ours struggled today, but there has been that flash about them for some time now, even with better teams than ewu.

Nichols was brilliant - until he needed to be.

Statistically, CU probably dominated (I haven't seen the stats yet), but the game was marred by way too many penalties, mistakes, and turnovers.

I'm still hoping that CU will open it up a little more on offense in the next couple weeks. This sh!t has got to stop. They looked pathetic out there today. For a team that supposedly had such a great camp and really had the offense down, they looked like they were just learning the system.

Nichols was brilliant - until he needed to be.

Statistically, CU probably dominated (I haven't seen the stats yet), but the game was marred by way too many penalties, mistakes, and turnovers.

I'm still hoping that CU will open it up a little more on offense in the next couple weeks. This sh!t has got to stop. They looked pathetic out there today. For a team that supposedly had such a great camp and really had the offense down, they looked like they were just learning the system.

They are going to need to open it up or it will be a long month that is for sure. We can start be getting Scott the ball on the outside.

They are going to need to open it up or it will be a long month that is for sure. We can start be getting Scott the ball on the outside.

They need to get it to him on the outside, but they need to get it to him fast. This crap of handing him the ball 5 yards deep and expecting him to run around the end is pure fantasy. It got blown up three or four times today.

Long and short of it is that our O-line needs to improve, and our playcalling needs to get more imaginitive. We aren't fooling anybody.

I remember it like it was last year (oh...wait....). Everyone complaining about running it outside with Hugh.

Now, we have a back that's not afraid of contact, now we want to go back outside.

We can start be getting Scott the ball on the outside.

I don't think this is the problem, we need to put Cody behind center, give Scott a full back and run the ball up the middle. Let Darrell use his vision make a cut and get on his way. Running out of the shotgun is killing us, the line almost blocks the running plays like passing plays and it gets blown up right away. I'm gonna keep saying it until I'm proven wrong but besides the one big run he had he didn't do anything all game.

On the plus side the defense was stout in the second half, and Scotty seems to be able to get open whenever he wants. We're 2-0 and a win is a win but :wtf:.

Also I'm pretty sure if you look back at the prediction I said 'pick 6 in the final two minutes to win the game.' :smile2:

I remember it like it was last year (oh...wait....). Everyone complaining about running it outside with Hugh.

Now, we have a back that's not afraid of contact, now we want to go back outside.

I think we were complaining that we always ran outside with Hugh and didn't mix it up. i am not against running it inside but we can keep the defense honest by stretching the field. He can powerful and not afraid of contact on the outside too.

Plus, I think we can expect Scott to be a little more dynamic than Hugh.

I wrote down some pros and cons and actually found more pro than con coming out of this game!:wow:

Cons
-First half, lost 21-7
-pass protection (young and inexperienced)
-QB pressure (I thought this was supposed to be better this year WTF)
-Stop scheduling good 1-AA teams, we are better off against power houses, we get better prepared for big games with this staff.
-Silly penalties, have to stop.
-Refs blew some pretty bush leauge calls.
-J-fly is electric, but he has to hold on to the ball

Pros
- We won and are 2-0
-12 days to prepare for WV
-We won 2nd half 24-3
-WV lost big
-senior leadership takes charge at half
-good halftime adjustements
-Darrell Scott (he is the real deal)
-We are better than we played in the first half
-E. Wash is no pushover as Tech had problems too
-Cody not that bad of a scrambler
-crowd
-Ralphie V ran twice and is fast!
-frosh Ryan Deehan
-Chapell Brown
-

I wrote down some pros and cons and actually found more pro than con coming out of this game!:wow:

Cons
-First half, lost 21-7
-pass protection (young and inexperienced)
-QB pressure (I thought this was supposed to be better this year WTF)
-Stop scheduling good 1-AA teams, we are better off against power houses, we get better prepared for big games with this staff.
-Silly penalties, have to stop.
-Refs blew some pretty bush leauge calls.
-J-fly is electric, but he has to hold on to the ball

Pros
- We won and are 2-0
-12 days to prepare for WV
-We won 2nd half 24-3
-WV lost big
-senior leadership takes charge at half
-good halftime adjustements
-Darrell Scott (he is the real deal)
-We are better than we played in the first half
-E. Wash is no pushover as Tech had problems too
-Cody not that bad of a scrambler