What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado 38 Colorado State 17 - Pros and Cons

Pros
- Buffs Win and the game was never in doubt.
- RBs did not go down on first contact.
- Hawkins looked to have very good charge of the offense.
- J-Fly beats his nephew to the endzone (and looked good doing it)
- Turnout at Portland's watch party was very good.

Cons
- Tackling. It seemed to be consistently poor. Not wrapping up. Too many yards after contact.
- QB pressure. As others have pointed out, it only seemed to come when the QB had no place to go. No real hurries.

The win was not as inspiring as I had hoped it would be but there was enough there to build on. Here's to a good year.

As Hawk said after the game, we have alot of clean-up to do. I hope the boys are ready for the mountainers after EW

Pros. Great protection from the o-line, Great hands by receivers & backs, Cody looked very good, J-Fly, Banker's Son, Speedy, Nicholas, Walters.

Cons. Run blocking didn't look good until the Rams wore down, Invesco, showing up at the tailgate 15 minutes prior to kickoff, DEs pass rush in 2nd half, OLBs getting sucked in, Invesco, pregame traffic routing.

While we didnt get at the QB as much as I had wanted, Hawkins made it clear that we werent doing anything special. For the most part just a standard front 4 pass rush. We didnt bust out the crazy LB/CB blitzes hawkins has in the books because we didn't need them. We'll save those for WVU...

did we really have five fumbles? somebody give me some insight on that please...

:confused:

Cody had a couple snaps that he put on the ground and picked right back up. J-fly had a big fumble on a punt return that we recovered, but that could have been a disaster.

Cody had a couple snaps that he put on the ground and picked right back up. J-fly had a big fumble on a punt return that we recovered, but that could have been a disaster.

And after a solid start, Rodney Stewart coughed it up, he didn't see the field much if at all after that.:sad1:

And after a solid start, Rodney Stewart coughed it up, he didn't see the field much if at all after that.:sad1:

I wasn't really shocked though....Hawk really doesn't like it when backs cough them up.

Although I am looking forward to a Scott/Stewart backfield at some point. :thumbsup:

I wasn't really shocked though....Hawk really doesn't like it when backs cough them up.

Although I am looking forward to a Scott/Stewart backfield at some point. :thumbsup:

I don't think he should punish them by not playing them the remainder of the game though. Eric Bieniemy fumbled 5 times against Nebraska in 1990 before scoring 4 TD's leading us to victory.

I don't think he should punish them by not playing them the remainder of the game though. Eric Bieniemy fumbled 5 times against Nebraska in 1990 before scoring 4 TD's leading us to victory.

Speaking of that game, if anyone else has a BuffTV subscription on cubuffs.com, or is looking for a reason to get it, they currently have the 1990 CU-NU game available to watch. It's the entire game, not just the highlights. Great stuff!

I'll throw in an additional PRO. I loved the attitude I saw Darrell Scott play with. It was very workman-like. For a guy who came with such hype, there was absolutely no showboating or drawing attention to himself. Heck, when he had that great 12 yard run, when he ran over 2 or 3 Lamb defenders, he could have jumped up and celebrated, but he just dropped the ball and trotted back to the huddle. If he stays humble and hungry, the sky is the limit!

Back