What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado at Oregon State Game Day Thread

So sick of the turnovers. Seems like every game Tad says "we need to limit our turnovers." I would think that after 10 incidences he and the players he coaches would do something about that. Then last night seems about as bad as it can get. Come on guys. You KNOW what the problem is...DO something about it!
This problem also feeds on itself. You can be sure opposing teams are well aware of the opportunity to take the ball away and may have increased alertness and effort. Like the inbounding play last year, it just doesn't seem to get better.

The other thing with the bad PG play last night is that OSU ran an aggressive, trapping press.

When CU beat that press, it didn't turn into easy baskets. That can't happen. Otherwise, it's all reward and no risk when teams press the Buffs.

The other thing with the bad PG play last night is that OSU ran an aggressive, trapping press.

When CU beat that press, it didn't turn into easy baskets. That can't happen. Otherwise, it's all reward and no risk when teams press the Buffs.

Applying a press and going into a zone D are key scouting report elements for coaches facing Tad Boyle.

Last night wasn't the first time a PAC 12 opponent has successfully stymied the Buffs using those two defensive elements.

Yeah. Good point. I kept thinking we'd find guys wide open coming off the press and we never did. I'd think if JS had been in either we would've gotten easy baskets and/or OSU wouldn't have been so bold.

It's true the specifics of each game and individual performances have been wildly inconsistent. However, the hone-and-away point margins have been amazingly consistent. Apologies for the repetition, but it's about a 20-point advantage at CEC. Based on that we should blow our Wazzu and beat the Ws in a fairly close game. And lose badly at Utah. No comparisons for the AZ or SoCal teams, but it will be better v AZs that we're at home, and worse in SoCal that we're not. I don't expect ASU to be a problem. Of course it will be a big help if Josh is ok...

We should absolutely beat ASU, but they are not as bad as their record and they're starting to play better. ASU is much closer to being on the level of all of us in the middle of the Pac than they are to Wazzu. Many of their losses came down to a possession or two. Holder is probably going to give us fits. Add in a potential hangover from the Arizona game and it has the makings of a trap.

Yeah. Good point. I kept thinking we'd find guys wide open coming off the press and we never did. I'd think if JS had been in either we would've gotten easy baskets and/or OSU wouldn't have been so bold.
Oregon also pressed us and we didn't get easy baskets against them either. Scott wasn't injured in that game. Also, Oregon State was pressing before Josh got injured and there were no easy buckets.

We should absolutely beat ASU, but they are not as bad as their record and they're starting to play better. ASU is much closer to being on the level of all of us in the middle of the Pac than they are to Wazzu. Many of their losses came down to a possession or two. Holder is probably going to give us fits. Add in a potential hangover from the Arizona game and it has the makings of a trap.
I certainly hope the team treats ASU like a dangerous game. If it were a road game I'd be worried. I just don't think there's much risk of a loss at CEC. We beat Oregon State at CEC even though GP2 gave us fits. Just my expectation, it will be interesting anyway.

Last edited:
Back