1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

COLORADO at South End of Folsom

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by azbuff, Aug 22, 2012.

1. azbuff

azbuff Club Member Club Member

For me, the COLORADO on the asphalt at the south end zone is one of the things that makes Folsom Field. I cannot think of anything comparable in any other stadium. Anyone know why or how this came about?

2. FlaBuff

FlaBuff I drive a Dodge Stratus! Club Member

I think it was when they added seats and got rid of the track back in the 60's or early 70's.

3. FLounder

FLounder The Buffs will rise again! Club Member

Dingdingding.

4. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

Utah had UTAH in the very same manner until they rebuilt their football stadium for the Olympics. Pretty interesting how similar CU and Utah are in some ways. Hopefully Mike Bohn doesn't take a cue from that.

[​IMG]

5. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Yup. Need to keep that. Makes us Unique.

6. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

seeing that picture just reminds me how much I hate red (the color)... I try to not purchase anything in red, from yard tools to clothes....

7. NashBuff

I don't think Utah fans are as big of d-bags as Husker fans are...SO FAR.

8. BupsJones

BupsJones Active Member

Love the "COLORADO" right in front of the student section and band. Hope it never gets removed or redesigned. I can remember a few games where the players ran out behind Ralphie and greeted fans by running up the incline. At least keep it for all of the antics Chips uses it for.

9. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

That should obviously never be gotten rid of. It makes our stadium unique just like handjob hill at tcu.

10. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

i became a Buff for life watching Tony Reed run up the COLORADO embankment to beat OU in 1976. game winning TD. my first CU game. CU takes a share of the Big 8 title. yeah, dog.

plus it was on Mork and Mindy.

11. Daaah

yeaaah dog.

12. BuffsNYC

BuffsNYC Uptown Club Member

13. 77buff

77buff Well-Known Member

HuskerWedding.jpg
    The closest thing to a Husker fan is an Alabama fan. Both are inbred, stupid, ugly, and wear red, but to be fair to Bama fans - they don't come close to being as obnoxious as a dumb red neck from Nebraska.

Tractor likes this.
  14. 77buff

77buff Well-Known Member

I was in the student section back then. We kicked OU's butt that day 42-31. I think they were rated like #3 going into the game. Bill Mallory was a tough SOB, and his teams reflected his personality. He got $#!T canned after going 6-5 in 1978. Vicker's led a group who brought in Chuck Fairbanks. The worst move in the history of CU football.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  15. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

I love it! I hope they keep it for ever! That said, I am sure they will repaint it and redo it in italics with that nasty piss brown color that they are trying to turn everything into.

The Broncos figured out orange finally. It stands out and now all the Broncos gear you see around town is bright orange and there is only one shade of it. CU on the other hand seems to be going away from that bright yellow and is pushing that weird piss brown. I know someone is going to say that it isn't the school color but it seems to work, it stands out, and that yellow that they have traditionally used passes for gold a whole lot better than brown does.

16. L Buff

L Buff Commissar of the Albuffs Collective Left Club Member

It's not "brown" ... it's "burnished gold" (don't know if that's the official name of the shade, but it's a little lighter than "old gold" which is what Purdue used to have, but they've gone lighter too). In fact CU's gold looks a lot more like real gold than that "bright yellow" you're talking about. I like it ... the bright yellow made us look like Iowa or Southern Miss. :rolling_eyes:

17. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

I always thought it made us look like CU. First time I ever saw the piss brown color was at that night game in 98 when they first used the black helmets. Everyone int he student section thought they pulled the jerseys out of the toilet.

That color just doesnt stand out either. Imagine the stadium filled with that ugly washed out gold, or the bight yellow gold. Besides, the yellow gold works so much better on fabric too.

18. azbuff

azbuff Club Member Club Member

I used to agree with this when all clothing was cotton, but now that we see more and more Drifit type materials, I think the true gold color comes off better (and truer to the school colors).

19. MrFrumpylane

MrFrumpylane Well-Known Member

I personally love the "COLORADO" placement in the stadium, but have felt that it has allowed students to have easy access to rush the field the past few years for less-than-worthy victories. For this, I have grown slightly less fond of it.

20. NashBuff

I hope it isn't an excuse for the CU admin to remove that like Utah removed the red "UTAH" when they rebuilt their stadium for the 2002 Olympics.

21. Daaah

I'm all for rushing the field after any victory. It's fun for the students and probably the players.