What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado at UCLA - GAME THREAD

I may be an incurable optimist (definition of a fan) but I believe that we are slowly making our way back athleticly.

Hawkins the last three recruiting class had very few commits with multiple AQ offers and in fact a bunch of recruits who had no other AQ offers. A lot of the guys he was bringing in just simply didn't have the size, speed, strength, etc. to compete at this level.

Last years class Embree and staff only had a few weeks to put together. Even with that they managed to get a number of guys who would have been welcome at other schools in AQ conferences. Tuumalo had two other PAC offers, Vincent had 6 AQs, Spruce 1, Parker 2, Oliver 1, Nembot 7, Mustoe 7. I haven't done the whole class but this is a major step up from what we were seing with Hawkins. Even the guys who were the fill-ins in the class were better athletes than we saw with Hawkins. Henderson had no other AQ offers but has been going toe to toe with PAC recievers all year as a true freshman. McColloch as well was a fill-in but has competed physically. Of course some of the class will turn out to be less than hoped for. Brett Burnette is likely never to see the field for us and Dorman is looking like a career roster guy as well. Clark never made it on the roster and some others will fail to impact but even in a rush the class was a step up athletically. We have a long way to go with this years class but again all you have to do is compare the commits we have to the class list on Rivals for the 2007-09 classes and things are looking up. It is also scary to look at the number of kids we signed in those years who never stuck around long enough to contribute. Embree seems to be recruiting a lot fewer high risk guys.

The bad news is that our talent on the roster right now is so far behind that we need to make some major steps just to be in the same neighborhood as the teams we are playing. We could get much better and still not match up to teams we are playing but getting closer should help in dealing with the coaching aspects of the game. We can get upset about the defensive schemes but no scheme will make up for our guys getting run over or run by against superior athletes.

Does Bama Charlie ever post "Meltdown Colorado Style" posts on other sites? Probably not cause he like us and no one else would care. Speaking of which I am looking forward to some good ones tomorrow. Get to work charlie.

I think our athleticism and on-the-field accomplishments shows the commitment this coaching staff has earned from these players. This is the promised next level.

Back