1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Colorado Basketball in the Bay Area 1/12 and 1/14

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by SF_BUFF, Nov 13, 2011.

1. SF_BUFF

SF_BUFF Member

CU is @ CAL on 1/12 at 8pm
    CU is @ Stanford on 1/14 at 1pm

It looks like the Nor Cal Buffs have a deal on tickets in the CU section at Maples Pavilion for the Stanford game, but I don't think anything has been set up for the CAL game.

Does anybody plan on heading to Berkeley for that one? If so, where are you planning on sitting?

Hope to see many of you there for both of these games.

GO BUFFS!

2. GoBuffs!!

GoBuffs!! Active Member

Aww come on, I just bought my tickets for the Stanford game. Looks like I am sitting in Section 1, row R and S, and they were pretty expensive I thought, I think $30 plus BS fees.

Conference game tickets for non-season ticket holders goes on sale Nov. 15th for Cal. So I dont know where I am sitting for that game.

3. eekamouse

eekamouse Member

Glad I saw this, just bought my @Stanford tickets thru the NorCal Buffs deal. Being that the Cal tickets aren't on sale yet, maybe there will be some sort of deal available later on...

4. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Holy crap. $30? Really? Do you know how much a ticket to their football games cost? $25. Seriously. They charge more to watch a basketball game than a football game. Oh, and they have one of the top 10 football teams in the country. Amazing.

5. GoBuffs!!

GoBuffs!! Active Member

Yea, I know I got crappy tickets too. I was near Stanford for a business trip last year and bought tickets to the Stanford/Virginia game, and it was almost $40 (with no BS fees) and they werent very good seats either.

6. SF_BUFF

SF_BUFF Member

Alright, I'm in Section 6 with all the other NorCal Buffs.

Does anybody know which section is directly behind the CU bench for CAL basketball games? I haven't seen anything on Norcalbuffs.com regarding the CAL game, so we might be on our own for this one.

7. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Maples Pavilion is tiny: 7,392. That has to be the smallest venue of any major conference school.

8. GoBuffs!!

GoBuffs!! Active Member

Looks like the Cal tickets go on sale today at 9am PT. Unless someone tells me otherwise I am just going to buy them then.

9. GoBuffs!!

GoBuffs!! Active Member

And I have my seats, in Section 4, Row 26

I went for the $22 seats, although they had $60 seats and $75 seats as well. California basketball is pretty pricey.

10. SF_BUFF

SF_BUFF Member

I just got off the phone with the CAL ticket office and they let me know that the sections directly behind the CU bench are Section 1 and part of Section 28.

There is no official away team section, but most visiting fans try and pick up tickets in either Section 1 or Section 28.

Sorry I couldn't post earlier. I was on hold for awhile.

Hope to see you all there.

GO BUFFS!

11. GoBuffs!!

GoBuffs!! Active Member

Seeing that I am in the cheap seats of section 4 as "Best Available" without spending the big bucks. I dont think it is that big of a deal. Rarely are basketball games set up like football games where there is a big away section. Normally that tends to be the really cheap GA section where all the away fans meet up.

12. BuffTuba

BuffTuba Club Member Club Member

Just got tickets for Stanford through NorCal buffs. Now on to CAL.

13. eekamouse

eekamouse Member

Bought @Cal tickets in Section 1

14. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Does the CU ticket office have any tickets available for the away games or do we have to go through the opponent's ticket office?

I'm considering making the Arizona/Arizona State trip in February, but getting a set of tix from UofA could be tough.

15. GoBuffs!!

GoBuffs!! Active Member

Basketball you have to go through the opponents ticket office unless something has changed recently. Depending on the game Stubhub or scalping tickets is the way to go. It is definatly the way to go for Tournaments.

16. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Thanks. I went through the ticket office for the Vegas tourney last year, but I didn't know for regular away games.

17. eekamouse

eekamouse Member

also good to check the local alumni group to see if they have a section of seats together. otherwise, no real way to be in a "visitor's section" for most games...

18. GoBuffs!!

GoBuffs!! Active Member

Its pretty cool to see a decent CU crowd at away games now. I remember about 8 years ago going to the CU-KSU game, and we were the abolute only CU fans there. Kinda crappy picture, but still classic.

[​IMG]

19. GoBuffs!!

GoBuffs!! Active Member

So it sounds like AFA and possibly CSU tickets you can get from the CU ticket office. I am confused on how all this works.

20. SF_BUFF

SF_BUFF Member

Unfortunately you have to go through the opponent's ticket office. CU is coordinating away tickets for CSU and Air Force, but other than that, we are on our own.

Does anybody have some ideas for a pre game for the CAL or Stanford game?