What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado Basketball Win Shares and Adjusted +/- for the last 5 seasons

i've got a some time today so I'm going to update a few things - if anybody has anything they're curious about or would like me to pull the #'s on......go.....!
You posted the most frequently used lineups the other day. Is is possible to apply win shares or any other measure collectively to get an idea of which lineups are more effective offensively and defensively?

You posted the most frequently used lineups the other day. Is is possible to apply win shares or any other measure collectively to get an idea of which lineups are more effective offensively and defensively?

This is kind of tough to measure in college basketball because few variations of line-ups are used and raw +/- data is so subjective to who your competition is and who's on the court with you.

Let me put it this way - if you look at the adjusted +/- numbers in my first post for this year as a reference - If you put any two guys with Ski, Scott and Dinwiddie it's going to be a good line-up.

We really need a left-handed PG so Ski can do his work on the right side.

really shows you just how good Josh scott is down low... unless he's to the left.

Definitely shows that our impressions are right. He's lethal in the mid-post but isn't as strong finishing at the rim as he should be.

Now that he looks like he can bench press a house, that should change.

Definitely shows that our impressions are right. He's lethal in the mid-post but isn't as strong finishing at the rim as he should be.

Now that he looks like he can bench press a house, that should change.

it is interesting that Bitchynski from ASU left to the NBA right after he saw the new photo of Scott.

it is weird how bad the entire teams sucks at taking 3's from the corners.

going of the images, you want XT taking shots from the left and Ski from the right.

it is weird how bad the entire teams sucks at taking 3's from the corners.

going of the images, you want XT taking shots from the left and Ski from the right.

agreed on the corner 3's - this is the highest % 3 point shot - but I guess in relation to the rest of the NCAA CU isn't as good at them (below average), but that doesn't mean that it isn't necessarily still your best shot.

I think they are supposed to be updating these charts with the actual % - which could shed some light on that.

so XJ has a pretty terrible mid-range game right now. I think I would rather he reduce the amount of shots he takes from this area and work on expanding his 3 ball range since he keys into two main areas.

Back